+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IT Consultants Please Help

meenalv

Feb 19, 2009
Hello

I am applying for the AINP process as the primary applicant. But as we need to fill Form 008 1e for the family members so I have a question regarding that.

My husband works as an IT consultant, so he works on contract positions and he always have different Clients, but the same employer.So, for Form 008 1e, Question 11, personal history, Should I mention the name of the client or the employer?

Any IT consultants, please help.

Thanks

Appu

Star Member
Jan 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/27/10
Doc's Request.
03/12/2010
Nomination.....
05/25/10
AOR Received.
12/04/10
File Transfer...
04/05/2011
Med's Request
12/04/10
Med's Done....
01/05/11
Passport Req..
06/02/2011
VISA ISSUED...
08/08/2011
LANDED..........
24-11-2011
The employer.

AlbertaAINP

Star Member
Feb 25, 2009
meenalv said:
Hello

I am applying for the AINP process as the primary applicant. But as we need to fill Form 008 1e for the family members so I have a question regarding that.

My husband works as an IT consultant, so he works on contract positions and he always have different Clients, but the same employer.So, for Form 008 1e, Question 11, personal history, Should I mention the name of the client or the employer?

Any IT consultants, please help.

Thanks
Did your husband move to different cities though the employer was same or in other words did he have different addresses for the same employer ? In that case I understand your concern, because the city or town column will be different and the employer column will have the same employer name, which may look odd. Atleast in my case that was true. If you do not have different addresses then you have nothing to worry.

Since it clearly says " Name of company, employer, school, facility, as applicable ", I just wrote " client: Client's Name ". But I am not nominated yet and this is a CIC form. So I do not know what will be outcome of this until I get the PR card. Also I am the primary applicant and not dependent.

Hmm...It turns out that I did not really help you :)

chow

Sep 23, 2008
meenalv said:
Please someone help me out!!!!
You mention the client name when you are working for direct end client. Otherwise for all immigration purposes (US or Canada) you need to mention your employer.
Your employer is responsible for you paying and looking for placements.

Thanks
Chow

meenalv

Feb 19, 2009
Thank you everyone for the help.

AlbertaAINP, that's right, he moved different cities and that's why I am worried that his addresses changes but employer remains the same.
In last 3 years he lived in 6 different cities in US, so as such I have to attach a separate sheet for his history. I was thinking to indicate "Client: xyz Employer: zhg". Hopefully this should work.

What you guys think about it? Any suggestions from anyone!!!!

Thank you

redstar

Star Member
Jan 28, 2009
Hi
As per my knowledge you have to keep only employer details not the clients, has your husband is a consultant so they verify the your address and just to know where you worked thats it.