+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IT Business Analysis

popy92

Jan 23, 2017
hello.
I'm planning to do Information Technology Business Analysis - Operations(2-year pgd) from Conestoga college.
I want to know about the job opportunities regarding this course
Thank you in advance.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
popy92 said:
hello.
I'm planning to do Information Technology Business Analysis - Operations(2-year pgd) from Conestoga college.
Thank you in advance.
Not many, but still some out there.

next2015

Nov 18, 2014
I disagree with Jalex23. There's lot of openings for business analysts across the country, especially in GTA. Visit job boards, employers like banks, and recruitment agencies like s.i. systems, and see for your self - lots of opportunities! That said, its important that you get an understanding of the area and what it entails as its somewhat wide in terms of the nature of the roles. Some roles require domain specific knowledge, others require familiarity with specific tools etc. Also, because the role is still developing, employers give consideration to applicants with transferable skills and experience ahead of those with certification and formal training. So the pgd MAY not necessarily make it easier to find work. If you have a technical background, you may not need to do this pgd but simply present your resume in a new way - focus less on your technical skills and more on functional skills e.g. if you conducted meetings with end users to determine what functionality they required a solution to perform, that qualifies for requirements gathering experience and possession of elicitation skills.

I'm not sure why you chose to go with this particular college, but george brown college offers a 1 year diploma with a co-op option for less than $5,000 - that may be a much better program because the co-op option gives you an opportunity to work with real employers which certainly puts you in the work place for visibility.

Again, the opportunities are available, the challenge is presenting your application in way that satisfies the employer.

All the best.

Reactions: York Chen1212

reverone

Mar 3, 2017
popy92 said:
hello.
Thank you in advance.
Regarding this topic, I also want to consider that Program. I have a doubt, according with the information from the college it mention a 2 years length program, that will provide you up to 3 years PGWP, but is a 4 terms program:

Fall | Winter | Spring/Summer | Fall

This program is still considered a 2 years length program so is possible to got a 3 years PGWP?