+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

It’s urget, wrong stamp date. Please help.

Maddy612

Star Member
Feb 26, 2019
Hi,

so we got everything attested and while i was about to scan all the documents I noticed the date of stamp says 23 April instead of May. We got married on May 6th. I’m so confused and worried right now.

all the documents attested are original. What should i do? Explain this mistake in letter of explanation?

Please help. It’s urgent. Thank you.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi,

so we got everything attested and while i was about to scan all the documents I noticed the date of stamp says 23 April instead of May. We got married on May 6th. I’m so confused and worried right now.

all the documents attested are original. What should i do? Explain this mistake in letter of explanation?

Please help. It’s urgent. Thank you.
Best would be go back to whoever attested it and get them to fix it with current date.

Maddy612

Star Member
Feb 26, 2019
Best would be go back to whoever attested it and get them to fix it with current date.
i can try that. But do i need to make all new documents or they can correct on existing ones? Oh God I’ve all docs here in Canada with me.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
i can try that. But do i need to make all new documents or they can correct on existing ones? Oh God I’ve all docs here in Canada with me.
I do not understand what you are saying, or what documents you got attested, or why. If you want help, deep breath and explain carefully.

Maddy612

Star Member
Feb 26, 2019
I do not understand what you are saying, or what documents you got attested, or why. If you want help, deep breath and explain carefully.
So I’m from Pakistan. We had to attest our nikah nama (marriage certificate) original and its translation to be attested (notarized). The responsible person for attestation did everything right except the date of stamp is back dated. We got married on May 6th and got things attested on 23rd May, by mistake he stamped it as April 23rd.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
So I’m from Pakistan. We had to attest our nikah nama (marriage certificate) original and its translation to be attested (notarized). The responsible person for attestation did everything right except the date of stamp is back dated. We got married on May 6th and got things attested on 23rd May, by mistake he stamped it as April 23rd.
Go back to the responsible person and make them re-do it with the proper date for that document (meaning the stamp bears today's date). That's it.

poporopos

Sep 22, 2021
If you are in Canada now, can you hire a new translator certified in your province? No need to go back to Pakistan. Here the translator will write an attestation that it is a true translation. You shouldn't need other attestations unless asked as Canada is not a signatory to the Hague Convention on apostilles.