File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hopefully more details can be available next week as of how re-schedule works, etc
I don't think there will be unfortunately. I believe they will hold off with any rescheduling or communications about specific dates for rescheduling until they know how long it's going to take for all of this to blow over.

Reactions: canuck78

immshunli

Star Member
Jan 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't think there will be unfortunately. I believe they will hold off with any rescheduling or communications about specific dates for rescheduling until they know how long it's going to take for all of this to blow over.
I agree. This will take a long time based on what’s happening worldwide.

Reactions: scylla

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
Relax and wait. I am sure there will be a workaround to continue business as usual- like for offices, everyone is now getting ready to work from home. So IRCC will also set up (or have done it already) some protocols.

The Government is in a panic mood and right now shutting everything down. However, as 'working from home' is going to kick in, most likely the applications will be processed faster and completed up to the 'test ready' stage as there are no test invites nor ceremonies for the foreseeable period. All resources will now be directed towards preparing files 'test ready'. As soon as fear is over and the government starts to open up, IRCC will dish out the mass test and ceremony invites. Perhaps IRCC should consider adding some comments on the test ready files in the ECAS.

Naturally, for the applicants waiting for Oath, nothing can be done until and unless a virtual Oath is offered (highly unlikely, as technology has to be there, tested etc). More so, the risk of fraud, misrepresentation in the case of virtual Oath will be high, so perhaps IRCC will just wait and see.

China is opening up after 2 months in Hell. Though things are still pretty good in Canada, and if this is what 'Peak point' is for Canada then it might take 2-4 weeks to have everything back on track. It all depends on when the thick and thick of the virus hit Canada i.e. in full swing.

Fingers crossed. Meanwhile, stay safe everyone.

Bina5

Dec 21, 2019
I have my COPR Ending on April 4th. I have booked flight tickets to travel on march 26th from united states and have booked an H1B appointment for march 30TH. Because if i travel to Canada i also wanted to get my H1B stamped. I am very confused now to travel or not. If i travel to canada and i am struck there with out H1B stamping it's also an other risk. Can anyone suggest me what would be the right thing to do at this point of time? Is there any email/ number that i can send or reach out to them ?

VictorCA

Oct 28, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-Nov-2015
Doc's Request.
09-Mar-2016
AOR Received.
25-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
08-May-2016
Passport Req..
26-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
1-Nov-2016
LANDED..........
January 14, 2017. Praise God!
Relax and wait. I am sure there will be a workaround to continue business as usual- like for offices, everyone is now getting ready to work from home. So IRCC will also set up (or have done it already) some protocols.

The Government is in a panic mood and right now shutting everything down. However, as 'working from home' is going to kick in, most likely the applications will be processed faster and completed up to the 'test ready' stage as there are no test invites nor ceremonies for the foreseeable period. All resources will now be directed towards preparing files 'test ready'. As soon as fear is over and the government starts to open up, IRCC will dish out the mass test and ceremony invites. Perhaps IRCC should consider adding some comments on the test ready files in the ECAS.

Naturally, for the applicants waiting for Oath, nothing can be done until and unless a virtual Oath is offered (highly unlikely, as technology has to be there, tested etc). More so, the risk of fraud, misrepresentation in the case of virtual Oath will be high, so perhaps IRCC will just wait and see.

China is opening up after 2 months in Hell. Though things are still pretty good in Canada, and if this is what 'Peak point' is for Canada then it might take 2-4 weeks to have everything back on track. It all depends on when the thick and thick of the virus hit Canada i.e. in full swing.

Wow, I really hope you're right and that this is only a matter of 4 weeks, or even up to 2 months. There has to be an alternative they can roll out, which could be as simple as just having smaller ceremonies. The process would still slow down but at least it wouldn't be halted altogether.

This is understandably sad news for all of us in the process. Hopefully we do hear better news on re-scheduling or alternate plans soon :(

Specterz

Apr 2, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
Jan 06, 2017
Med's Done....
Mar 07, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 14, 2017
I have my COPR Ending on April 4th. I have booked flight tickets to travel on march 26th from united states and have booked an H1B appointment for march 30TH. Because if i travel to Canada i also wanted to get my H1B stamped. I am very confused now to travel or not. If i travel to canada and i am struck there with out H1B stamping it's also an other risk. Can anyone suggest me what would be the right thing to do at this point of time? Is there any email/ number that i can send or reach out to them ?
I would stay away from airports. Health is more important than couple hundred dollar flight ticket. If you still wanna travel, I would recommend land border.

And, for your CoPR expiration, check which situtation applies to you at this web link and action accordingly - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-special-measures.html

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
Once they start up again, maybe they’ll do the test and oath ceremony at the same time. So, if you pass the test and your paper work looks good, you can just take the oath right than and there.

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
Once they start up again, maybe they’ll do the test and oath ceremony at the same time. So, if you pass the test and your paper work looks good, you can just take the oath right than and there.
That would be one good way that should have been done all along

skydiving

Jul 18, 2015

Well, the border is still fully open, I am not that optimistic that it will soon be over...

Reactions: Uangel and canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Citizenship ceremonies aren’t high priorities. The majority of people are living in Canada on PR and a delay won’t really effect them that much. Too early to say what will actually happen but would have a plan B.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Don’t necessarily share all your enthusiasm. It is hard to say how much of the work will get down if people are working from home. The applications involve a whole bunch of private information and government agencies are not known to adopt new ways of doing things without a lot of planning and still things go wrong. Think things will start off slowly and they will slowly roll out the ceremonies as they slowly get back online. We’ll all have to wait and see. There are bigger issues to deal with so understandably things will take longer.

Reactions: k.h.p.

anandg12

Jun 26, 2015
So all the tests and oath ceremonies are cancelled. Is it still okay to send in the citizenship application? Is IRCC also suspending operations like they suspended Parliament till April 23rd? I was thinking of sending in my application next week.