+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IT´S ALREADY TOO LATE TO APPLY TO THE FSWP?

Jabf

May 27, 2013
Hi everybody, i´m from Caracas and i am concerned about the situation here in my country, so my wife and i (With my little daughter) we decided to apply to the FSWP.

I have a Bachelor degree on Mechanical Engineering and i currently have 6+ Years of Experience on the same field. However i don´t have applied to the IELTS yet (I´m going to do the test on September). On this period of time i will gather all the documents and at the same time i'm going to study for the Ielts (I consider i have a good level of English).

So, i will apply on September-October 2013, because i must gather all the documents and requirements first and then i apply, and obviously i must attend to the IELTS test. We are worried about the cap limit for my career (Only 300), i think the only option what we got is to find a valid job offer for me, and then if the company decided to hire me, i will apply with the complete package, so i have a few questions.

1) It´s too late to apply at the date? Of course, if i don´t have the valid job offer.
2) How much time will take CIO and CIC to review my documents? Even if i have a valid job offer, i don´t think that the company waits too much time awaiting for the answer of CIC.
3) Can i send the application package without the valid job offer? meantime, i will find a job offer.
4) How much time CIC can take to review my application even if i have a valid job offer?
5) If the process time take too long, can i obtain a work permit to work on canada and then can i apply to the FSWP?
6) What happens if during the process i must rush because the awaiting time for the company is running out? Can i apply to a work permit on that time instead of awaiting reply for the FSWP?
7) My last question (i promise) Must my wife attend the IELTS test? Is Mandatory for her? (I know this can add more points to the selection factor)

Thank you guys (And girls), for the help :D

Regards

JAB
8)

weneklek

Star Member
Sep 18, 2012
Jabf said:
Hi everybody, i´m from Caracas and i am concerned about the situation here in my country, so my wife and i (With my little daughter) we decided to apply to the FSWP.

I have a Bachelor degree on Mechanical Engineering and i currently have 6+ Years of Experience on the same field. However i don´t have applied to the IELTS yet (I´m going to do the test on September). On this period of time i will gather all the documents and at the same time i'm going to study for the Ielts (I consider i have a good level of English).

So, i will apply on September-October 2013, because i must gather all the documents and requirements first and then i apply, and obviously i must attend to the IELTS test. We are worried about the cap limit for my career (Only 300), i think the only option what we got is to find a valid job offer for me, and then if the company decided to hire me, i will apply with the complete package, so i have a few questions.

1) It´s too late to apply at the date? Of course, if i don´t have the valid job offer.
2) How much time will take CIO and CIC to review my documents? Even if i have a valid job offer, i don´t think that the company waits too much time awaiting for the answer of CIC.
3) Can i send the application package without the valid job offer? meantime, i will find a job offer.
4) How much time CIC can take to review my application even if i have a valid job offer?
5) If the process time take too long, can i obtain a work permit to work on canada and then can i apply to the FSWP?
6) What happens if during the process i must rush because the awaiting time for the company is running out? Can i apply to a work permit on that time instead of awaiting reply for the FSWP?
7) My last question (i promise) Must my wife attend the IELTS test? Is Mandatory for her? (I know this can add more points to the selection factor)

Regards

JAB
8)
Never too late until CIC said so.
Spouse IELTS would be addtional points only.
You can apply without a job offer.

jaem

May 4, 2013
Tienes que ponerte pilas con el inglés porque el examen es extremadamente difícil. Te lo digo yo que hice mis estudios universitarios y de maestría en ingles y vivo en un país de habla inglesa mas de 10 años. También recuerda que debes pagar el costo de la aplicación en dólares canadienses y para los residentes de Venezuela hay un proceso a seguir para poder hacer dicho pago (por el tema del control de cambio). Y no por desanimarte pero lo cierto es que a miles de aplicantes que estaban en lista de espera desde el 2008 les anularon las aplicaciones hace un par de meses. Yo me imagino que de esos miles de personas, muchas querrán aún intentar conseguir su visa por lo cual yo pronostico que los cupos disponibles en el FSWP no estarán vacantes por mucho mas tiempo. Yo mande mi aplicacion hace 2 semanas y 1)no estoy muy seguro de que haya llegado a tiempo antes de que se colmaran los 300 cupos en mi categoría y 2)aun no me han mandado nada para corroborar que recibieron mi aplicacion o que la están evaluándo. Menos mal que la mande por FedEx y tuvieron que firmar cuando la recibieron porque si no, estaría yo en penumbras. Suerte.

donutbox

Aug 7, 2010
Nobody knows if its too late, this is all we officially know:

Note: Due to the large number of applications we get, we cannot check that each one is complete on the same day it gets to the office. The numbers on this page are updated at least once a week, but are only a guide. There is no guarantee that an application sent in now will fall within the cap by the time it gets to the Centralized Intake Office.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp

Jabf said:

Regards

JAB
8)

ESZB

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
June 2013
IELTS Request
Granted (8.0)
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Yep!
LANDED..........
Jabf said:

Regards

JAB
8)

Hello Jabf

I'd say applying in October without a job offer (NOC category) may be a bit of a long shot. Why wait for IELTS till September when you consider yourself to possess good level of English?? I recommend you apply as soon as possible for IELTS and ECA and start your process. Meanwhile if you do find a good job offer.... you can always file a parallel application for Arranged employment category.

So job offer or no job offer .... IELTS and ECA are mandatory. Only in the former case you wont have to worry about the 300 cap.

Jabf

May 27, 2013
Hey ESZB, thanks for the info and the suggestion:

However, seeing the inscription dates on my country:

I must wait for the next exam, on September (August don´t have IELTS exams). I think i'm running out of luck, but thank god i have been working for several years on the Oil&Gas Industry, so, seeing the recently boom with the tar sand in Alberta (Calgary, Edmolton) i would be able to find a job offer in my career, the thing is if the company can wait for me several months while CIC & the consulate are revising my application.

Well, if i apply using a temporary work permit, i think the process can take 3-4 months, so, if the CIC move foward my case with my job offer (I think they must divide the applications with a valid work offer and those without it) because they must expedited the cases with job arrangement.

Also, i didn't said it, but right now i'm looking for the papers & requirements (birth certificates notarized and translated), job certificates (may take a while) and the ECA (Fortunately my ECA are ready right now). Also i must wait several days for certified my ID & Passport copies.

Thank you

Jabf

May 27, 2013
jaem said:
Tienes que ponerte pilas con el inglés porque el examen es extremadamente difícil. Te lo digo yo que hice mis estudios universitarios y de maestría en ingles y vivo en un país de habla inglesa mas de 10 años. También recuerda que debes pagar el costo de la aplicación en dólares canadienses y para los residentes de Venezuela hay un proceso a seguir para poder hacer dicho pago (por el tema del control de cambio). Y no por desanimarte pero lo cierto es que a miles de aplicantes que estaban en lista de espera desde el 2008 les anularon las aplicaciones hace un par de meses. Yo me imagino que de esos miles de personas, muchas querrán aún intentar conseguir su visa por lo cual yo pronostico que los cupos disponibles en el FSWP no estarán vacantes por mucho mas tiempo. Yo mande mi aplicacion hace 2 semanas y 1)no estoy muy seguro de que haya llegado a tiempo antes de que se colmaran los 300 cupos en mi categoría y 2)aun no me han mandado nada para corroborar que recibieron mi aplicacion o que la están evaluándo. Menos mal que la mande por FedEx y tuvieron que firmar cuando la recibieron porque si no, estaría yo en penumbras. Suerte.
Hey Jaem, thanks for the post (i will write this in English to be readable to other people)

Well, i know it´s difficult, i really think this exam not measure the amount of english, it just measure your english skills, and well i will practice more, at the same time i'm doing an english course.

The payment must be submit in CAD$, i know that, i know due to currency exchange problems here in Venezuela, we are unable to pay in BsF. Well i must try first to find a job and then i will apply for the FSWP

Thank you

quietdom

Jun 20, 2013
Davao City, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-27-2013
IELTS Request
Sent With App
Jabf said:

I must wait for the next exam, on September (August don´t have IELTS exams). I think i'm running out of luck, but thank god i have been working for several years on the Oil&Gas Industry, so, seeing the recently boom with the tar sand in Alberta (Calgary, Edmolton) i would be able to find a job offer in my career, the thing is if the company can wait for me several months while CIC & the consulate are revising my application.

Well, if i apply using a temporary work permit, i think the process can take 3-4 months, so, if the CIC move foward my case with my job offer (I think they must divide the applications with a valid work offer and those without it) because they must expedited the cases with job arrangement.

Also, i didn't said it, but right now i'm looking for the papers & requirements (birth certificates notarized and translated), job certificates (may take a while) and the ECA (Fortunately my ECA are ready right now). Also i must wait several days for certified my ID & Passport copies.

Thank you
I suggest you get all the necessary documents ready and try to look for a company to sponsor you. There is NO CAP for applications with job offers. Good luck.

ESZB

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
June 2013
IELTS Request
Granted (8.0)
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Yep!
LANDED..........
Jabf said:

Thank you

You are welcome brother. Well, if IELTS is going to be in September then you would probably be late to fall in the 300 cap. But hey the boom in the Oil n Gas industry is the sign for you. I say you find a good employer and then apply under the arranged employment category. Good luck. :)