BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
Oct 10, 13. (Updated PCC, and StatDeca Common-law)
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
OB570 Stream (stayed in Mississauga)/ Oct 30. 2017 (BGC in progress)
Med's Request
Passed: Mar.3.2017
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
Unfortunately, after doing some reading on the forums, I'm afraid I might not get issues CoPR on time.
It says that it's valid until your medicals expire, but mine expire Dec.2nd 2017. (according to my notes I ordered back in August.)
Do you think that they've only just now sent me PPR on Nov 1st, they'll either fast-track our CoPR (which I doubt) or they'll extend our medical validity?
Would rather not have to re-do medicals and would REALLY rather not have to re-do the entire application.
Thanks.

bafonso

Jan 21, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
You need to relax. You got PPR so you will get a coPR soon. They will extend the medicals and tell you the date by when you need to officially land when you get the coPR.

Reactions: KBH and M.steele

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Unfortunately, after doing some reading on the forums, I'm afraid I might not get issues CoPR on time.
It says that it's valid until your medicals expire, but mine expire Dec.2nd 2017. (according to my notes I ordered back in August.)
Do you think that they've only just now sent me PPR on Nov 1st, they'll either fast-track our CoPR (which I doubt) or they'll extend our medical validity?
Would rather not have to re-do medicals and would REALLY rather not have to re-do the entire application.
Thanks.
Relax!

What they will NOT do is only give you a couple of days to land on the CoPR.

They will EITHER:

1. Decide to 'extend' your medical and probably give you at least 2 months on the CoPR expiry date to land, OR,
2. Request a new medical

I am afraid it could well be the latter - but I am only guessing! They will let you know one way or the other - you are on the last lap!

Reactions: msb

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Relax!

What they will NOT do is only give you a couple of days to land on the CoPR.

They will EITHER:

1. Decide to 'extend' your medical and probably give you at least 2 months on the CoPR expiry date to land, OR,
2. Request a new medical

I am afraid it could well be the latter - but I am only guessing! They will let you know one way or the other - you are on the last lap!
The actually do give COPRs with only a few days validity. They generally check with applicants first to see if they have enough time to land but not always. COPRs have also arrived already expired.

There is very little chance that a new medical will be requested, as OP is not from or living in a risk country.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks.
You're getting worked up about these things for no reason. Either you'll have a shorter time frame to land or you'll have an extended medical.

Masonb6888

Jan 9, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
Oct 10, 13. (Updated PCC, and StatDeca Common-law)
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
OB570 Stream (stayed in Mississauga)/ Oct 30. 2017 (BGC in progress)
Med's Request
Passed: Mar.3.2017
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
You're getting worked up about these things for no reason. Either you'll have a shorter time frame to land or you'll have an extended medical.
Either way that’s fine with me. I plan on ditching class or calling in sick to work in order to take that paper right to the border.

Thanks everyone.
Sorry I’m a spazz, but when I get in that mindset it’s hard to get out.

Reactions: WeegieInOttawa

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
The actually do give COPRs with only a few days validity.
Agreed. The wife got 9 days to complete her landing when the COPR was issued. Fortunately she was in Canada at the time and we flag poled over a weekend.

mrehanraza

Jun 10, 2016
Hello All,
Let me try to seek valuable comments, i have almost the same situation, couple of days back i received Passport Request letter but my medical have already been expired 5 months ago but i sent passport so what will be the expected decision
Will it be the re-medical or short time to land, will highly appreciate your comments

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello All,
Let me try to seek valuable comments, i have almost the same situation, couple of days back i received Passport Request letter but my medical have already been expired 5 months ago but i sent passport so what will be the expected decision
Will it be the re-medical or short time to land, will highly appreciate your comments
Another medical would have been requested already. Your medical has likely been extended for a year.

Reactions: mrehanraza

ryosuzuki

Star Member
Aug 5, 2018
Med's Request
September 2017
Med's Done....
November 2017
Passport Req..
October 05 2018
What happens when the passport with counterfoil and COPR got expired due to delayed delivery?

It’s been 1 month and we only have 16 days to land in canada and our passports are still in CPC Ottawa and it still has to be delivered halfway around the globe.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
What happens when the passport with counterfoil and COPR got expired due to delayed delivery?

It’s been 1 month and we only have 16 days to land in canada and our passports are still in CPC Ottawa and it still has to be delivered halfway around the globe.
If it is that close, your medicals have likely been extended. If your documents arrive expired, contact IRCC and they will be reissued.

ryosuzuki

Star Member
Aug 5, 2018
Med's Request
September 2017
Med's Done....
November 2017
Passport Req..
October 05 2018
If it is that close, your medicals have likely been extended. If your documents arrive expired, contact IRCC and they will be reissued.
Hi! Is this the most likely scenario? will they reissue? and not ask for another medical?