+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Issues with work permit for Global Talent Stream positive LMIA

kpanos

May 17, 2020
Hi all, I received a positive LMIA under the GSS program and tried to apply for my work permit online a few minutes ago but it seems that there is no option to select that I am applying under the Global Talent Stream program?? Has anyone else run into these issues and if so what did they do? I dont know why this has happened as I would like to submit my work permit asap to get approved.

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
Once you receive a positive decision from Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) on your Global Talent Stream (GTS) LMIA application, give a copy of the decision letter to the worker you want to hire. They must apply online and include it with their work permit application.

The worker will also need to identify themselves as part of the GTS when they complete their eligibility check.

I have a Global Talent Stream (GTS) LMIA, do I have to do anything else to get two-week processing?
Yes. To get two-week processing, you must check your eligibility and:
  • answer “Yes” when asked if you have a written offer from an employer in Canada
  • select “a work permit with a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)” when asked what type of work permit you are applying for
  • answer “Yes” when asked if your employers LMIA was issued under the “Global Talent Stream” (applicants applying under the International Mobility Program don’t have to answer yes to this question)
  • Apply online from outside Canada

kpanos

May 17, 2020
Hi, I am the worker.....my employer gave me the LMIA. i am logged into my IRCC account and there is no "option to select “a work permit with a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)” when asked what type of work permit you are applying for".

kpanos

May 17, 2020
Is anyone else experiencing the same issues as me?? I cant apply for a GTS work permit on the IRCC website

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
"Hi, I am the worker.....my employer gave me the LMIA. i am logged into my IRCC account and there is no "option to select “a work permit with a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)” when asked what type of work permit you are applying for"."
What type of work permit options are there?