+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Issues With Step-Child Documentation

slimbabs83

Dec 15, 2018
Hello,

I have an urgent issue that needs quick attention. I got married legally to my wife in 2014, and we have been together way long before that. Previously, she gave birth to a son and the father is no where to be found. The child does not have a birth certificate and when we legalized our marriage and the child was about to start school, we did a birth certificate on my own name for the child.

I and the mother are still married and as the principal, can I include him in my application and if I am to include him, what documentation would be required as I need to submit my application within 50 days.

During the application, do I need to state that he is a step-child or a biological child as he bears my name and he is not adopted? Kindly remember that all efforts to locate the father proves abortive.

Regards.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
wedid a birth certificate on my own name for the child.
This would be an issue...this is fraud (misrepresentation) and could lead to being banned for 5 year or worse, loosing your PR or citizenship later on. In order to substantiate the claim it is your child, you would need to lie about the relationship with your wife, and her about you and the child’s father, and that’s a dangerous road to travel with IRCC.
You will need to disclose the child’s real father and make every effort to gain his permission.

slimbabs83

Dec 15, 2018
This would be an issue...this is fraud (misrepresentation) and could lead to being banned for 5 year or worse, loosing your PR or citizenship later on. In order to substantiate the claim it is your child, you would need to lie about the relationship with your wife, and her about you and the child’s father, and that’s a dangerous road to travel with IRCC.
You will need to disclose the child’s real father and make every effort to gain his permission.
I do not expect it to be fraud because the mother has a written declaration from the father stating her as the sole on the child... But he is no where to be found to maybe sign a form for me