+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Issues with Police Clearance - What to Do?

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
Hello,

We had an issue acquiring a new police clearance certificate from home country. We need to apply for PR until the 11th December, but it's not ready yet. I have an old police certificate that was issued about 3-4 months before I left home country to go to Canada.

What are our options?

Should we decline the invitation?

Or submit the old police certificate with proof that we have applied for a new one?

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
Thank you. Does this help? Providing a letter of explanation and a confirmation that we applied for PCC? We also intend to submit the PCC as soon as it arrives.

sgoldsmith

Nov 20, 2020
Thank you. Does this help? Providing a letter of explanation and a confirmation that we applied for PCC? We also intend to submit the PCC as soon as it arrives.
If there are delay in issuing your PCC, but you can prove you did everything on your end to get that PCC, IRCC will usually simply ask you to submit the PCC as soon as you receive it.

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
Yeah, we did all we could but we don't have a proof that we applied on time. There was a delay in communication with the embassy etc.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hello,

We had an issue acquiring a new police clearance certificate from home country. We need to apply for PR until the 11th December, but it's not ready yet. I have an old police certificate that was issued about 3-4 months before I left home country to go to Canada.

What are our options?

Should we decline the invitation?

Or submit the old police certificate with proof that we have applied for a new one?
When was that PCC issued? Don't decline the ITA, submit your old PCC and submit the proofs you have like receipt or similar stuff that you tried but was unable to acquire it. You never know.

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
The PC was issued a few months before we left the country. So, we need a new one to cover the rest (those 4 months).