+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Issues providing proof of sibling relationship

Zima

Sep 8, 2016
Please can I get some clarity, I applied for the express entry with my husband who indicated that the has a sibling in Canada, he actually does have a sibling but this sibling has refused to provide the necessary documents at the last possible moment, this refusal is coming post ITA, please, what can be done at this stage?

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Please can I get some clarity, I applied for the express entry with my husband who indicated that the has a sibling in Canada, he actually does have a sibling but this sibling has refused to provide the necessary documents at the last possible moment, this refusal is coming post ITA, please, what can be done at this stage?
Re-calculcate your score (taking out points for sibling) if you cannot provide proof, If your score is still above the draw score in which you got ITA, then you are good to go. Otherwise you will need to reject ITA and enter pool again.

Zima

Sep 8, 2016
Re-calculcate your score (taking out points for sibling) if you cannot provide proof, If your score is still above the draw score in which you got ITA, then you are good to go. Otherwise you will need to reject ITA and enter pool again.
The 60 day rejection window is past, and apart from that, does that mean if I were to enter the pool again, he'd say no to having a sibling in Canada, wouldwou that be a misrepresentation?

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
It
The 60 day rejection window is past, and apart from that, does that mean if I were to enter the pool again, he'd say no to having a sibling in Canada, wouldwou that be a misrepresentation?
Its 90 days and not 60. Its not a misrepresentation, its just that you are not able to prove it so you are not claiming points for the same.

plutoshan

Aug 29, 2017
Hi Zima,

I am in the exact situation. What route did you take and what was the outcome? I have enough points removing the sibling points I received, however I am wondering if it's best to explain that I am unable to provide the documents on LOE or decline ITA, enter the pool again, and remove sibling from EE profile.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You dont have to decline unless you're a FSW and it affects your eligibility under the six selection factors.

Remove him and add a LOE regarding the inability of getting the documents from him.

plutoshan

Aug 29, 2017
You dont have to decline unless you're a FSW and it affects your eligibility under the six selection factors.

Remove him and add a LOE regarding the inability of getting the documents from him.
Ok thank you. I am a CEC applicant. When you say remove him, do you mean select "No" to the question "Does your spouse have a relative in Canada?" in post ITA form?

hira1707

Sep 3, 2018
Sharjah, UAE
Visa Office......
London
AOR Received.
02/12/2018
Passport Req..
03/09/2019
VISA ISSUED...
4/3/2020
I have a related query. My husband's sibling has received the PR card. However, she has not moved to Canada yet. She was supposed to immigrate in September but now will immigrate by end of October due to some unexpected problem.

The problem is that we have already received ITA and have to submit all our documents by 24 September.

Any advice on what we should do?

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
I have a related query. My husband's sibling has received the PR card. However, she has not moved to Canada yet. She was supposed to immigrate in September but now will immigrate by end of October due to some unexpected problem.

The problem is that we have already received ITA and have to submit all our documents by 24 September.

Any advice on what we should do?
You'll have to decline ITA. You can only claim points for relatives currently residing in Canada.

hira1707

Sep 3, 2018
Sharjah, UAE
Visa Office......
London
AOR Received.
02/12/2018
Passport Req..
03/09/2019
VISA ISSUED...
4/3/2020
You'll have to decline ITA. You can only claim points for relatives currently residing in Canada.
What if she (my husband's sister) has visited Canada back in April this year? They also have a address there where they will be staying once they permanently move there. She's just packing up her stuff right now in Dubai and move there by beginning of Oct.

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
What if she (my husband's sister) has visited Canada back in April this year? They also have a address there where they will be staying once they permanently move there. She's just packing up her stuff right now in Dubai and move there by beginning of Oct.
Back in April she wasn't a permanent resident, so it doesn't count.

To prove that you have a PR holder relative in Canada, you will need to show both sides of her PR card and proof of residence, like an active Canadian bank account and copies of utility bills (rent, electric, internet, phone bills etc). How will you be able to prove it in this case?

Also she had to be a PR holder prior to you receiving your ITA. You should not add her to your application until after she received the PR card (or at least CoPR stamped by immigration agent after landing)