Waived
Passport Req..
17-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to alert everyone to an issue I had when I went into Service Canada to obtain a SIN number. I had carefully checked the website and concluded that all I needed to bring was my passport and COPR. Went into the office bright an early yesterday to avoid lines. The guy at the desk took my COPR and passport . . . . and informed me that my immigration officer neglected to stamp my passport and write in my COPR number on the passport.

Because of this oversight, my choices are to 1) drive back to my point of entry (Sarnia) and get them to stamp my passport, or 2) wait until my PR card comes to get a SIN.

So, before you head out to get your SIN, double check your passport and make sure it was stamped! Going to post this in the US Outland Applicant's thread too.

Reactions: *CLARO2020*

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
This is a common problem. Service Canada should issue a SIN anyway but they often refuse under these circumstances. When people land, they should check very carefully that the passport has been updated. Sometimes the stamp is applied but the COPR number is forgotten. Same issue as far as Service Canada is concerned.

clearly

Star Member
Jul 12, 2013
I swear, both Service Canada and Service Ontario have some of the worst customer service. When I went to get my SIN they had an issue with my passport having one date for the stamp and the COPR having the next day on it (We landed at midnight). They issued my SIN anyway, but it was so annoying that they'd take issue with it.

Newbie145

Apr 26, 2021
Hi, i am facing issue in obtaining SIN in calgary. Went into Service Canada but they are unable to issue it and told need some details from immigration. Called immigration they said they have sent some request to airport authorities but no response from them its been more than 5 weeks and im still strugging to get my SIN. Can anybody help me what to do.
Service canada is not telling what details they need from immigration. And immigration is not sure what service canada needs.

Reactions: Saijyothsna95

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, i am facing issue in obtaining SIN in calgary. Went into Service Canada but they are unable to issue it and told need some details from immigration. Called immigration they said they have sent some request to airport authorities but no response from them its been more than 5 weeks and im still strugging to get my SIN. Can anybody help me what to do.
Service canada is not telling what details they need from immigration. And immigration is not sure what service canada needs.
Assume someone didn’t do something properly when you landed.

renusobh

Nov 16, 2021
So i am unable to get the SIN number. Service Canada based in toronto mentioned that the record is not getting validated in their system . They said it might be due to immigration officers at the airport missed some step .

IRCC keep informing me that they have everything updated on their end. My work permit is all confirmed and validated .

But Service Canada is not able to validate my information in their system .

Reactions: Saijyothsna95

Saijyothsna95

Mar 17, 2022
So i am unable to get the SIN number. Service Canada based in toronto mentioned that the record is not getting validated in their system . They said it might be due to immigration officers at the airport missed some step .

IRCC keep informing me that they have everything updated on their end. My work permit is all confirmed and validated .

Is it solved now . I am having same issue too . Please let me know. Thanks

Saijyothsna95

Mar 17, 2022

Saijyothsna95

Mar 17, 2022