Issues in Scanning

Shivanker

Feb 19, 2017
Sri Lanka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,
(This question may sound stupid)......
I'm currently in the process of scanning and uploading the docs. when I scan the docs normally, with the brightness and contrast kept at default (0 adjustments), the resulting pics aren't clear. they somewhat look like black and white docs.

Obviously when I increase the contrast while scanning the colours are prominent and clear. My worry is will it be a problem if I increase the contrast and scan the docs; will the VISA officer consider it as tampering or altering the docs?

Further, has anyone used Camscanner via the phone? is it acceptable?

ja_jamal

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
NOC Code......
Hi Guys,
I'm currently in the process of scanning and uploading the docs. when I scan the docs normally, with the brightness and contrast kept at default (0 adjustments), the resulting pics aren't clear. they somewhat look like black and white docs.

Obviously when I increase the contrast while scanning the colours are prominent and clear. My worry is will it be a problem if I increase the contrast and scan the docs; will the VISA officer consider it as tampering or altering the docs?

I havent used Camscanner but Google drive, my documents are accepted by IRCC

loveabhic

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Montréal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-02-2017
Med's Done....
14-04-2017
Passport Req..
10-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2017
The scan should be clear and color (not black and white). It doesnt matter which application or device you use for scanning. Further, increasing the contrast is not tempering with the document contents provided everything is clear. Make sure it doesnt look like a tempered doc. Good luck

Baahubali

May 18, 2017
Hi Guys,

The kind of tampering you are talking about is mostly not allowed with the digital photo you submit, but it's fine when comes to other pdf docs.

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
The scan should be clear and color (not black and white). It doesnt matter which application or device you use for scanning. Further, increasing the contrast is not tempering with the document contents provided everything is clear. Make sure it doesnt look like a tempered doc. Good luck
All docs need not be in color - CIC only insists the PCC be in color - of course if you are within the 4MB limit with color scanning then its perfectly ok