Jan 18, 2021
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
06-12-2020
I had a lawyer until last week who was representing me, she forwarded me an email from IRCC with some PDF's. They had instructions for the PR portal:

(...)
To confirm your PR status using the portal:  Reply to this email and confirm

1) the email address you want to use and
2) which option below you choose for your spouse/partner and dependants 18 years or older when you applied: o Option A, you’ll act on their behalf. o Option B, we’ll create new accounts for each of them. Provide a unique email address for every dependant included in your application (spouse/partner and 18 years or older at the time you applied for permanent residence)
(...)
I have then lost all contact with the lawyer. I replied to IRCC from my own personal email, following all the instructions:

To: IRCC.ClientPortalEast-EstClientPortail.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
Subject: (my application number)

The email I would like to use is *******@gmail.com
Option A, I will act on their behalf

Name: Renan Costa Sousa
UCI: *******
Email (as set out in this message): *****@gmail.com
Original entry date: November 17, 2019
Date of last time you entered Canada: February 29, 2020
Location where you last entered: Toronto Pearson International Airport

(same for my spouse and child)

Regards,
My personal email in the info I sent is, of course, not the same email account upon which my lawyer initially had got a message from IRCC.

Now I've just received this automated reply:

***Please note that this is an automated message. Do not reply.***

Thank you for contacting us.

This email address is dedicated solely to clients invited by IRCC to use the Permanent Residence (PR) Portal in order to be confirmed as permanent residents. You must be invited by IRCC in order to have an account created in the PR Portal.

IRCC will not be responding to requests or follow-ups if you did not received an invitation from IRCC.

For more information on the PR Portal, please consult our website: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/pr-confirmation-portal.html

If you receive an invitation to use the portal, instructions will be included.

Have questions?

Find answers in the Help Centre: https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html or by contacting our Client Support Centre by completing the Web Form or dialing 1-888-242-2100, Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Thank you,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
I am at a loss. Does this mean that only my lawyer could have replied to IRCC's email? What should/can I do in this case?

Last edited:

klein

Oct 6, 2009
I had a lawyer until last week who was representing me, she forwarded me an email from IRCC with some PDF's. They had instructions for the PR portal:

I have then lost all contact with the lawyer. I replied to IRCC from my own personal email, following all the instructions:

My personal email in the info I sent is, of course, not the same email account upon which my lawyer initially had got a message from IRCC.

Now I've just received this automated reply:

I am at a loss. Does this mean that only my lawyer could have replied to IRCC's email? What should/can I do in this case?

1) Highly recommend you remove your UCI from your post as it's sensitive information
2) Send another identical email to IRCC.ClientPortal-PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

RenanFromBrazil

Jan 18, 2021
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
06-12-2020
I just got the PR portal credentials today! So there was no issue after all. But they ignored the part where I said I would represent my whole family. Oh well...

Mananv44

Oct 18, 2021
I just got the PR portal credentials today! So there was no issue after all. But they ignored the part where I said I would represent my whole family. Oh well...
Hi, Did you have to to something special in order to get the credentials? How did you manage to get them?

RenanFromBrazil

Jan 18, 2021
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
06-12-2020
Hi, Did you have to to something special in order to get the credentials? How did you manage to get them?
I just waited. I eventually got the credential email on Saturday. I sent the pictures on Sunday (yesterday) and got my eCOPR today.

yojasenehr

Jan 3, 2018
Im getting the same response. This is my second follow up email and that is their response. Should I send another email or will just wait for the credentials?

RenanFromBrazil

Jan 18, 2021
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
06-12-2020
Im getting the same response. This is my second follow up email and that is their response. Should I send another email or will just wait for the credentials?
If you send more emails you will just get the same response. I just waited and I got the credentials in a couple more days.

Reactions: Mtltrpr