+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Issue with application for re-entry visa: MyCIC requires Travel Itinerary.

abrvalg

Feb 3, 2015
Hi,

I am currently a worker in Canada.

I have renewed my open work permit and am currently applying for the Canadian re-entry visa. When filling the questionaire in the MyCIC, I answered that I am a worker in Canada and that I am currently in Canada. However, when it asks for the forms/documents, I have 2 issues:

1. The form says: " Application for Visitor Visa (Temporary Resident Visa) Made Outside of Canada (IMM5257) (required)"

It looks strange to me. I am inside canada, why does the form say "Made Outside of Canada"?

2. One of the required documents is "Itinerary, Travel (required)"

I do not have any particular travels planned. I will most likely travel this summer and I may also need to do work-related travel to USA. Especially for travel to USA, I may have only a week or so notice.

What should I do? Should I go ahead and fill the "Made Outside of Canada" form and write a letter explaining the situation and attach it instead if iternary?

Thank you for your advice!

notsniw817

Jun 25, 2013
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
AOR Received.
08-06-2013
File Transfer...
07-07-2015
Med's Request
26-05-2014
Med's Done....
02-06-2014
Interview........
Tomorrow
Passport Req..
Tomorrow
VISA ISSUED...
Tomorrow
LANDED..........
Tomorrow
Yes you can use IMM5257 for the TRV while inside Canada,you can ask for itinerary from your travel agent its free thou,

abrvalg

Feb 3, 2015
Thanks.

Regarding Iternary, I have no actual trips planned at this moment. I need a TRV in case I do need to go outside Canada.

I have applied for a TRV from inside Canada before and no Iternary was required.

Dmavis

Apr 6, 2015
Hi
I have the same problem when i tried to apply re-entry Visa. Do you figure this out??

sara_bb

Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/05/2014
AOR Received.
17/03/2015
Med's Request
08/05/2015
Med's Done....
02/06/2015
Interview........
RPRF Req: 13/05/2015
abrvalg said:
Hi,

I am currently a worker in Canada.

I have renewed my open work permit and am currently applying for the Canadian re-entry visa. When filling the questionaire in the MyCIC, I answered that I am a worker in Canada and that I am currently in Canada. However, when it asks for the forms/documents, I have 2 issues:

1. The form says: " Application for Visitor Visa (Temporary Resident Visa) Made Outside of Canada (IMM5257) (required)"

It looks strange to me. I am inside canada, why does the form say "Made Outside of Canada"?

2. One of the required documents is "Itinerary, Travel (required)"

I do not have any particular travels planned. I will most likely travel this summer and I may also need to do work-related travel to USA. Especially for travel to USA, I may have only a week or so notice.

What should I do? Should I go ahead and fill the "Made Outside of Canada" form and write a letter explaining the situation and attach it instead if iternary?

Thank you for your advice!
Hi,

I have the same issue. I have already renewed my work permit and now that I want to renew my visa it is asking for "Itinerary travel" document. I was wondering what did you end up doing?

Thanks!

notsniw817

Jun 25, 2013
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
AOR Received.
08-06-2013
File Transfer...
07-07-2015
Med's Request
26-05-2014
Med's Done....
02-06-2014
Interview........
Tomorrow
Passport Req..
Tomorrow
VISA ISSUED...
Tomorrow
LANDED..........
Tomorrow
It is the same outside and inside form for TRV.Just applied l1st week of march and Im here in BC and got my passport back with visa stamp on it on the 3rd week of march..

patman

Oct 7, 2014
Hi,
I am about to submit my application with the same problem. I dont have plans going out of Canada at the moment and I just need to renew my TRV after i got my work permit extension. Can anyone advise what document to attach in the Itinerary, Travel section?

thanks in advance!