+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Issue merging electronic signed PDF

rak29

Sep 20, 2022
Hi,
I need your valuable advice.

I have recently received an ITA. The problem is that one of my employers has provided me with an electronically signed employment reference letter. I am not able to merge electronic signed pdf because it would void the signature if the pdf is changed in any format. I need to add my pay stubs along with my reference letter. Should I upload only the reference letter and attach other documents in the letter of explanation for the same? If you could please provide me with your suggestion it would very helpful.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi,
I need your valuable advice.

I have recently received an ITA. The problem is that one of my employers has provided me with an electronically signed employment reference letter. I am not able to merge electronic signed pdf because it would void the signature if the pdf is changed in any format. I need to add my pay stubs along with my reference letter. Should I upload only the reference letter and attach other documents in the letter of explanation for the same? If you could please provide me with your suggestion it would very helpful.
Have you tried printing the PDF? Does it show signature when printed? If yes, print it and scan it again as pdf and then merge paystubs.

catalin1122

Star Member
Aug 22, 2021
Romania
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
I've encountered the same issue when preparing my documents and I managed to solve it by creating pdf portfolios. It creates one file but it's not continuous, it just groups them.

I used Adobe Acrobat Pro to do it, here's how. I'm not sure if the free version can do it, but you might be able to use the trial version.

Good luck!

catalin1122

Star Member
Aug 22, 2021
Romania
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
ilovepdf.com could help you to split/merge/compress pdf.
It's not about the merging, it's that the certificate of the digital signature becomes invalid if merged. That's why creating a PDF portfolio is the best solution. I've used it even with PDFs that do not have editing permission (which will fail to merge).

radicalprotnns

Star Member
Nov 10, 2022
Thank you all! The portfolio does work although I had to download adobe acrobat pro and subscribe to the trial version for 7 days.