+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Issue for CEC vs SOWP

jaipranav9957

Jan 23, 2023
Hi there,

I have a few doubts. I am under a work permit in Canada and my spouse is back in India. I have already applied for PR under CEC along with her name, and we passed the medical and biometrics got updated on 18th Nov 2022. My doubt is can we also apply for SOWP while we are already in a PR application? I have heard a few YES from different people, then my doubt is if we apply for SOWP, do we say that our spouse will go back to India once the permit is done or no? Since the PR application is contradictory to that situation. So need help with this.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi there,

I have a few doubts. I am under a work permit in Canada and my spouse is back in India. I have already applied for PR under CEC along with her name, and we passed the medical and biometrics got updated on 18th Nov 2022. My doubt is can we also apply for SOWP while we are already in a PR application? I have heard a few YES from different people, then my doubt is if we apply for SOWP, do we say that our spouse will go back to India once the permit is done or no? Since the PR application is contradictory to that situation. So need help with this.
What type of WP? How long until it expires? How long since you got married? What type NOC is your job?