+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Issue Date of the PCC

kmsbytes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
Category........
Other
RULE: From CIC site for PCC date, "For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the applicant stayed in that country for 6 months or more in a row."

Question:
Does PCC data needs to cover last day of stay in some foreign country
OR
it should cover last 6+stay in a row in the foreigh country (doesn't need to cover some short stay).

Case:
I stayed in say some Foreign country X in 2015 for 1year. I got a PCC in 2018 from Country X. Again I travelled to country X for 2 days in 2019.
My last 6months+ in a row ends in 2016. PCC isued in 2018 covers 2016. So is that PCC good or PCC must cover even 2 days trip to that country??

Thanks I am confused with above statement for months now. So any comments of people how they interpret this rule will be appreciated. Please share what you understand from reading above RULE.

Thanks for your time.

waverlypl

Jul 30, 2020
RULE: From CIC site for PCC date, "For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the applicant stayed in that country for 6 months or more in a row."

Question:
OR
it should cover last 6+stay in a row in the foreigh country (doesn't need to cover some short stay).

Case:
I stayed in say some Foreign country X in 2015 for 1year. I got a PCC in 2018 from Country X. Again I travelled to country X for 2 days in 2019.
My last 6months+ in a row ends in 2016. PCC isued in 2018 covers 2016. So is that PCC good or PCC must cover even 2 days trip to that country??
---> The PCC should cover those 2 days trip. You will likely need to get a new PCC from that country.
Thanks I am confused with above statement for months now. So any comments of people how they interpret this rule will be appreciated. Please share what you understand from reading above RULE.

Thanks for your time.

kmsbytes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
Category........
Other
>> So u interpret that 2 days needs to be covered from above two lines. of RULE?.
If not, can you cite from where you read that this should be covered in some CIC page.?. I agree most people think and even I do think similar but rule appears to be not saying same..
thanks a lot for your response.

Quorn

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Category........
FSW
It is at the officers discretion to request for a new police certificate anyway. So, I would arrange a police certificate covering all stays upfront and submit along with the application. My spouse didn't have a continuous stay of six months in the UK over the past 10 years, yet we still received the ADR, which has prolonged the processing of our application anyhow, and also we had the stress of timely submitting the requested pcc. Looking back now, I wish we submitted that upfront.

Pcc is the utmost important document of the PR application. Regardless, the decision is yours.

sheri268

Star Member
Aug 29, 2015
Canada
App. Filed.......
Oct2018
AOR Received.
Oct2018
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
March2019
VISA ISSUED...
April 2019
LANDED..........

Question:
OR

Case:

Thanks for your time.
I would recommend you to apply for the new PCC as up-to-date PCC will help your case to move faster and when you get the updated PCC all of your stays will be covered automatically.

kmsbytes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
Category........
Other
I would recommend you to apply for the new PCC as up-to-date PCC will help your case to move faster and when you get the updated PCC all of your stays will be covered automatically.
I wish I can apply. There is some red-tapism which will prevent me getting the PCC IRCC looks for. Long story short, IRCC asks a foreigner working in some XYZ country some specific document which XYZ country only issues to its citizens only legally. So while we were there, we literally begged for hours to police office and they gave us finally that document.. Now once we left XYZ country, there is no chance to get it. Their consultate, Police deptt everyone cleartly says its illegal to give this document to non-citizens of XYZ...

USA has updated their rule to ask a different document from foreigners who lived in XYZ country which we are anyway giving to IRCC. But Canada is still asking for some document which one can't get at any cost. I myself spent few hundred dollars to get through some agent but that agent is now not reachable.. So we are sort of stuck.

kmsbytes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
Category........
Other
I wish I can apply. There is some red-tapism which will prevent me getting the PCC IRCC looks for. Long story short, IRCC asks a foreigner working in some XYZ country some specific document which XYZ country only issues to its citizens only legally. So while we were there, we literally begged for hours to police office and they gave us finally that document.. Now once we left XYZ country, there is no chance to get it. Their consultate, Police deptt everyone cleartly says its illegal to give this document to non-citizens of XYZ...

USA has updated their rule to ask a different document from foreigners who lived in XYZ country which we are anyway giving to IRCC. But Canada is still asking for some document which one can't get at any cost. I myself spent few hundred dollars to get through some agent but that agent is now not reachable.. So we are sort of stuck.
This problem is not my alone. If i search online there are dozens if not hundreds of people who are frustrated and getting rejected due to mismatch in rules of both countries...

kmsbytes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
Category........
Other
It is at the officers discretion to request for a new police certificate anyway. So, I would arrange a police certificate covering all stays upfront and submit along with the application. My spouse didn't have a continuous stay of six months in the UK over the past 10 years, yet we still received the ADR, which has prolonged the processing of our application anyhow, and also we had the stress of timely submitting the requested pcc. Looking back now, I wish we submitted that upfront.

Pcc is the utmost important document of the PR application. Regardless, the decision is yours.
yeah true. nobody can get that PCC which IRCC wants. There are hundreds of people like me facing this problem. Thats why I was trying to ask whats the exact rule and if my current doc will meet the rule.. IRCC wants lapsed records and that country doesn't issues lapsed records to foreigners as per their new law since 2017. They give a different document but IRCC doesn't want it and only want lapsed records.

As foreignters in that country are too low and than those moving to canada might be in few dozens, so nobody cares our pain.

sheri268

Star Member
Aug 29, 2015
Canada
App. Filed.......
Oct2018
AOR Received.
Oct2018
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
March2019
VISA ISSUED...
April 2019
LANDED..........

First you have to explain the name of that XYZ country plus what sort of documents you are looking for to get your PCC.

kmsbytes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
Category........
Other
Country is South Korea and document they demand is Criminal Record check reply with lapsed record which is not provided to non-koreans by Korean police.

https://www.ustraveldocs.com/kr/kr-iv-policerecords.asp

USA govt asks different document depending on whether u are korean or not. Earlier they were also asking same document but than they adapted to new reality that non-koreans can't get this document. IRCC hasn't updated till now and are rejecting people I feel as PCC not matching their requirement. VO are good guys they are following the rules, issue is rule itself is not reflecting ground reality.