+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[ISRAEL] Outland Sponsorship Application

sama2

Jun 14, 2017
I haven't found much information on the forum regarding Sponsorship applications from Israel. I hope that someone can benefit from my experience. I am a Canadian citizen who moved to Israel about 3 years ago. I am married and sponsoring my husband who lives in Israel.

Here is my outline currently (I will update as time progresses):

February 15: Mailed out application.

April 3rd: Received notification that some signatures were missing.

End of April: Mailed out the document with missing signatures.

June 6: Confirmation that our application has been received by CIC.

June 6: Linked account online.

June 6: Received request for Police Certificate and Schedule A immediately.

June 7: Sent government (Israel) request to send out Police Certificate online to Canadian Embassy in Tel-Aviv and Schedule A document. For the Police report, I uploaded a document stating:

“I am applying from a country that directly releases police certificates to the Canadian Embassy in Tel Aviv.”

June 9: Received Instructions for Medical Exam

June 12: Completed Medical Exam at a doctor in Tel-Aviv (cost is about 1200 shekels). They did a physical exam, x-ray of chest, and blood test.

June 12: Sponsor Approval: Received email accepting application to be a sponsor. “We are pleased to inform that you have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor.”

June 15: Received email saying application has been sent to Tel-Aviv for processing. “This message is being sent to confirm that the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to the visa office in Tel Aviv for further processing.”
We are waiting now for the confirmation that the application has arrived in the Tel-Aviv Visa Office.

nursegabo

Nov 5, 2013
Wow that was fast. I am also applying from Israel but im just a worker here. The medical was quite expensive. Well goodluck! :)

Reactions: sama2

sama2

Jun 14, 2017
Wow that was fast. I am also applying from Israel but im just a worker here. The medical was quite expensive. Well goodluck! :)
I was pretty surprised too at the speed. I am optimistic and hopeful that this speed will continue during the processing in Tel Aviv.

Good luck to you in your application process! Thank you for your feedback.

sama2

Jun 14, 2017
As an update:

I asked on a Facebook group about how long it might take to process the application in the Tel-Aviv office and this is the reply I received:
"We have been speaking to someone in Toronto whose job is Jewish immigration to Canada, and she told us that for an Israeli, and from what she's been seeing and hearing with the new process, there's no reason [processing in the Tel-Aviv Visa Office] should take more than a few months!"

Either way, I will keep updating as my application arrives in Tel-Aviv and continues processing.