+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is working physically in Canada for a US employer through PEO valid Canadian Experience

tinahfl

May 10, 2022
I've been looking at different threads here on the topic of using work experience with US employer in Canada for CEC, so far it seems like the consensus is that if the work is remote, then it will not be counted as valid experience.

What if I'm working physically in Canada in an office (which is stated on my offer letter that I'll be reporting to a Canadian office) but through a PEO or Employer of Records (meaning that the US employer does not have its subsidiary in Canada)? The offer letter is signed with the US employer but I'll still be paying Canadian taxes and get a T4 from the PEO

JustBal

Feb 27, 2021
I've been looking at different threads here on the topic of using work experience with US employer in Canada for CEC, so far it seems like the consensus is that if the work is remote, then it will not be counted as valid experience.

What if I'm working physically in Canada in an office (which is stated on my offer letter that I'll be reporting to a Canadian office) but through a PEO or Employer of Records (meaning that the US employer does not have its subsidiary in Canada)? The offer letter is signed with the US employer but I'll still be paying Canadian taxes and get a T4 from the PEO
Hello, I’m also exploring these options? Can we connect over phone? My whatsapp 5157703393