+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is WES stupid and created problem for you?

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
purplesnow said:
If you notice, that list was provided to me. That is why I asked about it.

Right so its only ranking is within India? National rankings in one subject matter doesn't translate into being a top ranked institute. Schools that made the QS World Rankings are top ranked.

I don't need to google it. I'm pointing out why there may be recognition issues. Up to you and your institution to figure out why Canada's not recognizing it.
The whole WES process has nothing to do with ranking. no use discussing about ranking.

ishpah

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
1ndia2canad6 said:
To avoid any confusions like this, one could always make use of the free WES Degree Equivalency Tool before getting your credentials evaluated.
https://www.wes.org/ca/preliminary/poe.asp?
Dude

I had checked this. This doesn't even contain names of IIMs and yet my colleague who is from IIM has got his degree evaluated equal to Masters by WES only. Not just IIMs, but colleagues who are from different institutes such as MDI, IMT etc. has also got the degree equivalency of 'Masters' by WES. And when this was not enough, dean of my college informed me that they have been sending transcripts for WES evaluation almost every week, but never faced such issue. I am wondering why now?

Prats6

Aug 31, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
4th April 2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
ishpah said:
Dude

I had checked this. This doesn't even contain names of IIMs and yet my colleague who is from IIM has got his degree evaluated equal to Masters by WES only. Not just IIMs, but colleagues who are from different institutes such as MDI, IMT etc. has also got the degree equivalency of 'Masters' by WES. And when this was not enough, dean of my college informed me that they have been sending transcripts for WES evaluation almost every week, but never faced such issue. I am wondering why now?
Don't remember this, but is XLRI a 2 year course? I mean there is no XLRI in the drop down but so are quite a few others, however I know for a fact that a lot of them do get recognized. Did you send every document? I would have asked you to send your graduation as well.

And yes, there is no point arguing over the ranking of XL with others, no one gives two hoots about it. And yes, I know it is a good college.

dce621

Apr 17, 2016
Hi,

I am also an XLRI 08 passout. Did WES correct the mistake? Let me know your email id and we can have a chat..

Arhun

Aug 16, 2017
Hi... I gave my institution as k.s.r institute of dental science and research affliated with The Tamilnadu Dr.MGR medical university. But in confirmation email, it came as Ksr institute of medical science and research. I don't know what to do now..
Should I reapply?

shinyjoshua

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
Hi,

I am also an XLRI 08 passout. Did WES correct the mistake? Let me know your email id and we can have a chat..
Hi I am XLRI alum got my ECA done from WES and it says - can you guide me how to get this resolved?

Credential Authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Postgraduate Diploma
Year: 2014
Awarded By: Xavier Labour Relations Institute, Jamshedpur
Major/Specialization: Management
Canadian Equivalency: Two years of post-secondary study at a non-recognized institution
Remarks: The credential

1. I have used their 'contact us' page to reply to them with URLs of AICTE and AIU - do I need to get those documents mailed to WES?
2. Is there anything else I can say write to make them reconsider?