+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is WES ECA valid for Australia immigration too?

Bablaa

Star Member
Jun 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2015
Guys, I got my academic credentials assessed successfully by WES for the EE stream of Canada. I am planning to apply for Australia PR too. Is my WES credentials certificate valid there or do I have to get them done from some another agency?
Thanks for your help.

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bablaa said:
Guys, I got my academic credentials assessed successfully by WES for the EE stream of Canada. I am planning to apply for Australia PR too. Is my WES credentials certificate valid there or do I have to get them done from some another agency?
Thanks for your help.
For Australia PR you need to get both your education and work experience assessed by authorized agencies. The assessment agencies are based on your occupation.
https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists/SOL
https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists/CSOL

Yoda24

Nov 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bablaa said:
Thanks for your help.
It needs to assessed by different bodies responsible for working with Oz immigration.

syila

Nov 18, 2015
is it better to first get Education assesment report before sitting for IELTS???? I was thinking if my education is accepted, than I will appear for IELTS score. what u think?

Also, me and ma hubby, both are BSC in Computer science and no MAsters degree from Bangladesh. Will our degree will be equivalent to that of Canada? plz suggest me.....

thourb

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
syila said:
is it better to first get Education assesment report before sitting for IELTS???? I was thinking if my education is accepted, than I will appear for IELTS score. what u think?

Also, me and ma hubby, both are BSC in Computer science and no MAsters degree from Bangladesh. Will our degree will be equivalent to that of Canada? plz suggest me.....
I expect it will. WES have a free tool that will give you an idea: http://www.wes.org/ca/evaluations/preliminary.asp

Look on Google for CRS tool. Work out your CRS score based on the level of English you think you can achieve with education level you get from WES free tool. If you get 450+ points, do IELTS and submit your ECA, you'll have a good chance of getting an ITA. If you're in a rush, ECA first as it takes 4-6 weeks to come through, excluding any additional correspondence.

Also, try not to bump old threads up that aren't really relevant to your question. It's pointless and rather confusing for people.