+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is WES certificate (Canadian Equivalence) accepted as Credentials evaluation when crossing the border from Canada to US for TN Stamping ?

visaquery2021

Jun 26, 2021
Hi Everyone,

I will be crossing the border in about a week from Canada into the US for TN stamping purposes.

I did Bachelor of Technology and Master of Technology from India. When I became PR, I got a Credential Evaluation and Authentication Report from WES. WES report states the following:

- Bachelor Degree - Canadian Equivalence : Bachelor Degree (4 years)
- Master Degree - Canadian Equivalence : Master Degree

My questions is:

1. Since I will be applying for TN Visa to enter into US, shouldn't the WES report says US Equivalence instead of Canadian Equivalence ?
2. is Canadian Equivalence WES Report accepted at US border while going into US ? If not, then from where can I get US Equivalence report, and how long will it take to acquire US Equivalence report ?

canvisa001

Star Member
Mar 2, 2018
@visaquery2021 Hi! I assume you've already found an answer to this. I'm currently facing a similar situation. Could you please let me know if the Canadian evaluation was accepted at the U.S. border? If not, did you have to obtain a separate evaluation from WES? Thanks!