+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is VCC official transcript okay as English proof?!

Martinchan123

Jan 8, 2021
Hi everyone,

I am a current Diploma student at Vancouver community college. I want to use my official transcript as proof would it be accepted? I have 2 questions, 1st I am in progress so my diploma is not completed, is that ok? 2nd in the transcript does not mention all classes are taught in English, will they assume it is taught in English as the program is in Canada?

Thank you and have a great day!

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi everyone,

I am a current Diploma student at Vancouver community college. I want to use my official transcript as proof would it be accepted? I have 2 questions, 1st I am in progress so my diploma is not completed, is that ok? 2nd in the transcript does not mention all classes are taught in English, will they assume it is taught in English as the program is in Canada?

Thank you and have a great day!
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html#language
Examples of the types of language evidence that can be submitted include:
  1. You attended or are currently attending a secondary or post-secondary education program in English or French, either in Canada or abroad, including:
    1. A degree, diploma, certificate or official transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary education program showing you studied in English or French, in Canada or abroad.
    2. If the original document is in a different language, include:
      • a letter from the school showing that the language of instruction was in English or French along with (including an official translation of the original document, if needed)
      • the address and contact information (phone number) of the education institution

Reactions: snoopyta

Martinchan123

Jan 8, 2021
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html#language
Examples of the types of language evidence that can be submitted include:
  1. You attended or are currently attending a secondary or post-secondary education program in English or French, either in Canada or abroad, including:
    1. A degree, diploma, certificate or official transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary education program showing you studied in English or French, in Canada or abroad.
    2. If the original document is in a different language, include:
      • a letter from the school showing that the language of instruction was in English or French along with (including an official translation of the original document, if needed)
      • the address and contact information (phone number) of the education institution
Thanks!