+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is university transcript enough for language proof?

jacquilim

Apr 17, 2012
Hi. Just wondering if submitting my university transcript is enough as language proof. I attended a university in Australia and my transcript is in English but of course it does not actually SAY that the language of instruction was in English. I would just think that the assumption would be that as the transcript is in English that the language of instruction was in English. Am I correct? Are CIC ok with transcripts in English even if it doesn't actually state anywhere that the language of instruction was English?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi. Just wondering if submitting my university transcript is enough as language proof. I attended a university in Australia and my transcript is in English but of course it does not actually SAY that the language of instruction was in English. I would just think that the assumption would be that as the transcript is in English that the language of instruction was in English. Am I correct? Are CIC ok with transcripts in English even if it doesn't actually state anywhere that the language of instruction was English?
1. IRCC won't make assumptions. You need a letter from the University that the language of instruction was English.

Gangnams

Jul 22, 2018
I studied in England and submitted just a copy of my degree certificate in my application and it was accepted. I went for the interview, was asked for the language proof, I showed the original copy of the certificate that I submitted and there was no problem. You are just fine with the transcript or certificate copy.

Reactions: jacquilim

rasmy

Nov 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I used my University transcript and it worked.One more year to go before i complete my degree program.

Reactions: jacquilim