+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is UCI number a problem in study permit application?

doubtingapplicant

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Hi,

I have a UCI number in my express entry profile which I obtained in 2014 in FSW scheme.

Will this be a problem in study permit application? Is it likely that CIC may consider my application with dual intend?

enywmara

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Dhaka
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
25-05-2022
AOR Received.
07-07-2022
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-12-2021
Interview........
Not needed
Yes, they are very likely to think of your application as dual intent. By the way, did you give biometrics for your earlier application?

doubtingapplicant

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
enywmara said:
Yes, they are very likely to think of your application as dual intent. By the way, did you give biometrics for your earlier application?
My FSW 2014 application was returned due to CAP and there was no need of biometrics

enywmara

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Dhaka
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
25-05-2022
AOR Received.
07-07-2022
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-12-2021
Interview........
Not needed
Ok, so you need to express your dual intent in your SOP. This is the legal way to do that. You need to write " I had applied for a FSW and did not receive it, but I would like to study now. If by the end of my studies, I do not get into a good job/Express entry then I would return home"

There is nothing wrong with dual intent, what is wrong is that the Visa officer thinks that you have a dual intent and you are hiding it.

doubtingapplicant

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
enywmara said:
Ok, so you need to express your dual intent in your SOP. This is the legal way to do that. You need to write " I had applied for a FSW and did not receive it, but I would like to study now. If by the end of my studies, I do not get into a good job/Express entry then I would return home"

There is nothing wrong with dual intent, what is wrong is that the Visa officer thinks that you have a dual intent and you are hiding it.
UCI is linked to my old passport number. I renewed passport which is valid till 2026.

Do I still need to disclose UCI?

enywmara

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Dhaka
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
25-05-2022
AOR Received.
07-07-2022
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-12-2021
Interview........
Not needed
Please see inbox.

reason984flood

Star Member
Jun 21, 2016
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Med's Request
Not required
Med's Done....
Not required
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
enywmara, If i applied for a study permit and got refused, and applied again for the same category(study permit), is it still necessary? I applied online so I think they already have my previous application as well??

enywmara

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Dhaka
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
25-05-2022
AOR Received.
07-07-2022
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-12-2021
Interview........
Not needed
reason984flood said:
enywmara, If i applied for a study permit and got refused, and applied again for the same category(study permit), is it still necessary? I applied online so I think they already have my previous application as well??

What is necessary? Biometric or UCI?

UCI is necessary as you need to write down your Unique Client ID with the CIC. From the moment that you apply, you are a client of the CIC and your name and details are connected to your UCI. So if you do not put in your UCI, then logically you will be given a new UCI. However, if they find out that you had a UCI and you did not input it correctly, then it amounts to misrepresentation of your application.

In case of Biometric, different regions have different requirements, but as a general rule, if you have given your biometrics the frist time, you WILL NEED to give your biometrics again for the second time. Personally I don't like it as it costs $85 for the biometrics. However, we are at the mercy of the CIC, so nothing to do there.

Hope this answers your query.

reason984flood

Star Member
Jun 21, 2016
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Med's Request
Not required
Med's Done....
Not required
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
I have submitted biometrics for BOTH applications. I paid the 85$ again. Also both applications are on the same GCKey account. Also in the IMM1294E form, they ask if you have ever been rejected a visa, and I said yes I had previously applied for study permit to Canada and got rejected due to the following reasons etc....
Still a problem if I didn't put in UCI? I don't see any dual intent here?

enywmara

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Dhaka
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
25-05-2022
AOR Received.
07-07-2022
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-12-2021
Interview........
Not needed
reason984flood said:
I have submitted biometrics for BOTH applications. I paid the 85$ again. Also both applications are on the same GCKey account. Also in the IMM1294E form, they ask if you have ever been rejected a visa, and I said yes I had previously applied for study permit to Canada and got rejected due to the following reasons etc....
Still a problem if I didn't put in UCI? I don't see any dual intent here?
So the matter here is that, you forgot to put in your UCI number. I think you should email them through the webform to let them know that you forgot to input your UCI number. Now the case will not be "dual intent" but it will be incomplete documents.

You can get the web form in the cic website.

Hope this answers your question.

reason984flood

Star Member
Jun 21, 2016
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Med's Request
Not required
Med's Done....
Not required
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Ok, will do. Btw if everything in my application is right, just the UCI number is missing, is there a higher chance of rejection? My previous rejection was due to incomplete documents, and I think there is no dual intent here as I applied for study permit again, not TRV or anything. But yeah I get what you mean and will email them now.

reason984flood

Star Member
Jun 21, 2016
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Med's Request
Not required
Med's Done....
Not required
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Well I just tried to input my UCI number in the webworm after writing a whole paragraph, and it turns out the UCI number is supposed to be 8 numbers, while the UCI number I have is TXXXXXXXXXXXX, which is a letter followed by 12 numbers. Even in the IMM1294E form where you input the UCI, it doesn't let me exceed 8 characters. And btw if I have both application on the same GCKey account, don't they already know that I had applied previously? Also can you help me with this UCI?

enywmara

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Dhaka
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
25-05-2022
AOR Received.
07-07-2022
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-12-2021
Interview........
Not needed
reason984flood said:
Well I just tried to input my UCI number in the webworm after writing a whole paragraph, and it turns out the UCI number is supposed to be 8 numbers, while the UCI number I have is TXXXXXXXXXXXX, which is a letter followed by 12 numbers. Even in the IMM1294E form where you input the UCI, it doesn't let me exceed 8 characters. And btw if I have both application on the same GCKey account, don't they already know that I had applied previously? Also can you help me with this UCI?
Did you get a rejection letter from CIC? The UCI number is on the rejection letter. The number that you are saying is shown as the UCI number on the biometrics request letter. Don't use that. Use the rejection letter UCI number for your old application. For your new application you will not receive a UCI number until your biometrics are done and you get a document request letter or Decision letter from the CIC. Its just digits with no letters in the number. The "t" in the biometrics letter stands presumably for temporary UCI number which they use until you get a permanent one.

So when you are using the webform, remember, if you want to talk about your new application, then use the application number of the new application which starts with an "S". You can use the UCI number from your old application if you want in the webform. But I can't remember if it was compulsory to input the UCI number.

Also even though both your applications are under the same MYCIC account, would you be willing to "test" if the CIC accepts your application without a prior UCI number? It could be that they might not like the idea very much and reject your application due to incompleteness or it could be that they say nothing. So what would you rather do? Just asking.

Hope this info helps.
Hope this helps.

reason984flood

Star Member
Jun 21, 2016
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Med's Request
Not required
Med's Done....
Not required
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Thanks a lot, I have emailed CIC using the webform.