+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is Travel history mandatory for Student Visa ?

Ishu1991

Apr 16, 2020
Is it mandatory to upload travel history when applying for Student visa ?
I got my PPR few days back. and sent the passport for stamping.
I travelled to Singapore and Malaysia 2 years back for vacation. But did not mention as some one told, travel history for student visa not required. Will it create any problem now ?

co2020

May 31, 2020
Yes it is. In fact, it is one of the major information taken into consideration when the V.O is making the decision. It wont create any problem rather it would have helped your application. The more travel history you have, the higher your chance of getting approved.

Ishu1991

Apr 16, 2020
My application
Yes it is. In fact, it is one of the major information taken into consideration when the V.O is making the decision. It wont create any problem rather it would have helped your application. The more travel history you have, the higher your chance of getting approved.
My application already approved. Got passport request from IRCC asking my passport for stamping. So it won't be an issue now ? right ?

dieter15

Oct 26, 2020
I'm planning to apply for study permit. My question if you have a new passport issued and you have not travelled any where since getting the new passport do you still have to complete the travel history. Previously I did study in Canada and travelled to Canada with my old passport.

Last edited:

Pvicto

Sep 28, 2021
Is it mandatory to upload travel history when applying for Student visa ?
I got my PPR few days back. and sent the passport for stamping.
I travelled to Singapore and Malaysia 2 years back for vacation. But did not mention as some one told, travel history for student visa not required. Will it create any problem now ?
Do you have both visas now?

smile.faye04

Oct 9, 2023
My application

My application already approved. Got passport request from IRCC asking my passport for stamping. So it won't be an issue now ? right ?
Hi, I'm also applying for student visa and i have 3 years travel histpry in thailant, but, I used to exit to near boarders like cambodia,laos myanmar & thai immigration to extend my visa or stay. Is it a red flag that i stayed there for 3 years but no history of overstay.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi, I'm also applying for student visa and i have 3 years travel histpry in thailant, but, I used to exit to near boarders like cambodia,laos myanmar & thai immigration to extend my visa or stay. Is it a red flag that i stayed there for 3 years but no history of overstay.
Not a problem but as mentioned earlier in this thread you should include your travel history.