+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is this normal?

rishisingh86

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
Hi,

My spouse and I applied together for our citizenship back in Mar 2019. A month ago, I was requested to provide fingerprints for the third time. Yesterday, my spouse got invited for her oath ceremony. My status still shows - background check in progress.

Is this normal?

cna110

Apr 25, 2022
Hi,

My spouse and I applied together for our citizenship back in Mar 2019. A month ago, I was requested to provide fingerprints for the third time. Yesterday, my spouse got invited for her oath ceremony. My status still shows - background check in progress.

Is this normal?
Normal? No.
However, it is possible. I have seen lots of couples who are like this.
Randomly or due to a name similarity or due to an unknown concerns of the officer (including but not limited to: Your occupation, your appearance, officer's gut feelings) you have been selected for a deep background check. If you think you are not involved in any concerning activities in past years, no need to be concerned.

However, a good sign is that they moved your file and you are requested for fingerprints. Normally it shows that you are very close to get a green sign in front of your background check (Hopefully).
Lots of 2019 files are moving these days. Wait few more days to see the results of your fingerprints noted in your tracker.
Due to the amount of this delay, you have an option for Mandamus as well. But I think you are good to go soon.

Reactions: rishisingh86

rishisingh86

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
Normal? No.
However, it is possible. I have seen lots of couples who are like this.
Randomly or due to a name similarity or due to an unknown concerns of the officer (including but not limited to: Your occupation, your appearance, officer's gut feelings) you have been selected for a deep background check. If you think you are not involved in any concerning activities in past years, no need to be concerned.

However, a good sign is that they moved your file and you are requested for fingerprints. Normally it shows that you are very close to get a green sign in front of your background check (Hopefully).
Lots of 2019 files are moving these days. Wait few more days to see the results of your fingerprints noted in your tracker.
Due to the amount of this delay, you have an option for Mandamus as well. But I think you are good to go soon.
thank you for the response cna110