+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is this Job Offer SCAM or Not

Vk18396

Jun 25, 2019
Hi Concerned,

Need your expert advice to check the authenticity of Job offer received from Alberta Hotels and Construction LTD. Is this fake company offering a job in the hotel with monthly compensation of $3500, 45 days leaves, food and accommodation as per policy, etc.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Likely a scam given nobody offers food , accommodation, 45 days vacation and suspect flights as well. Post a copy of letter here with personal details removed

Reactions: Armand atakoun

Vk18396

Jun 25, 2019
Here is the offer letter

JOB OFFER LETTER

Mr. S/O Mr.
This has reference to your application and subsequent interviews you have had with Alberta Hotel & Construction Ltd. We are pleased to appoint you as a Store Keeper in Canada. Your employment will be governed by the following terms and conditions:
Personal Information:
Name :
Father’s Name :
Passport No. : N0305609
Date of Birth :
Designation : Store Keeper
Job Code : 1206/LB/1217/L0020
Salary : CAD 3250$/Month
Time Schedule
• Your working hours will be 8 hours/day as per the current company policy. The company observes a 5 day work in a week. You will be attend 22 days paid leave on the expense of the company.

Travel & Transport
Whenever you are required to undertake travel on Company work, you will be reimbursed travel expenses as per Company rules. Transportation cost also will pay from the company.
Salary Increase

Increase in your salary will be reviewed periodically as per the policy of the Company. Increments in the salary range will be on the basis of demonstrated results and effectiveness of performance during the period of review.

Food & Accommodation

Food facility & Accommodation are based on Company Policy.

Medical benefits
The conformation of your employment, the company shall meet the cost of necessary medical attention and medicines prescribed by the company’s medical officers. The company gives all the benefits to its employees.
Privacy
You required to observe and uphold of the company’s privacy policies and procedures as implemented or varied from time to time. Collection, storage, access to and dissemination of employee personal information will be in accordance with privacy legislation.

Annual leave
You are entitled to 45 days’ (6 weeks) annual leave per year of service. But under some conditions company will grant extra leave period to needy employees.

Termination
Company may terminate your employment by giving the following period of notice depending on service. If your 45 with more than two years continuous service, you will receive an additional week’s notice.
Probation Period

You will be on probation for a period of six months from the date of your appointment. On satisfactory completion of the probation period, you will be confirmed in service.
If not confirmed after six months, this order will continue to be in operation, and the probation period will stand extended automatically till further notice.

All other terms and conditions as detailed in your appointment letter. Kindly communicate your acceptance of this contract by signing.
Mr. S/O Mr. Accepted by:
__________________________ Dated: ______________________ Declined by:
__________________________ Dated: ______________________
Managin g Director:

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
What action should I take against them so that they don't dare to this with other people
Nothing much you can do. The authorities are aware of these scams, but it is impossible to stop them all.

The best thing you can do is inform friends and family so they aren't taken in by similar scams.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
What action should I take against them so that they don't dare to this with other people
Some tips in link below but general rule to follow would be if any offer comes with flights, food , accommodation and unrealistic salary then it will be a scam.

Usually very easy to Google the name of the company and even if they offer a website you can check out when it was created, if within a month or two then likely cloned from a genuine website. The giveaway here also if you go to the website is they use Gmail something a genuine company of this size they claim with their own domain if genuine would never do,

Other than that people need to ask themselves about the job being offered as in this case, are there really no store keepers available in Canada that an employer needs to look the other side of the world .

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/protect-fraud.html

Last edited:

kalidash

Aug 20, 2019
i have receive job offer letter from amec americas through trueway consultancy. i am worried is this scam or real and its possible to attached the file in here?

Kharrl

Mar 9, 2020
i had an offer from Royal Orchard hotel in Canada. I contacted the company for the authenticity of the offer which they did confirm. However, i still have this feeling telling me there is something wrong with the offer.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
i had an offer from Royal Orchard hotel in Canada. I contacted the company for the authenticity of the offer which they did confirm. However, i still have this feeling telling me there is something wrong with the offer.
And how did you contact the company? You may well have spoken directly to the scammers..