+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

is this enough for my Job Descr to gain points? as IT manager?

murtazaabbasi

Mar 9, 2010
Pakistan
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-04-2010
Doc's Request.
12-July-2010
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
12-July-2010
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
20-July-2010
Med's Request
Done on 3 Sep 2014
Med's Done....
Sent by E-medical System
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
yes, rcvd PR1
VISA ISSUED...
Got it
LANDED..........
landed 24-May2015, Decision made 22-2-2019. Next Oath
NOC code (0213)
Manager, Information Technology Operations
Sindh Agricultural Forestry Working Coordinating Organization (SAFWCO)
www.safwco.org
Hyderabad

Job Description:
As a Manager IT operation I was responsible for the strategic and operational management of the organization’s IT infrastructure.
I was responsible for ensuring that all aspects of IT support services (such as data security, network implementation, Servers security, supervision of servers, desktops and laptop maintenance) are delivered in timely and quality manner to meet both current and emerging needs of organization, and needs of employees, I was also responsible for the supervision of collecting data requirements, coordinating to analyze and formulate the best solution, supervising the solution implementation, communicating with internal employees, managing adherence to relevant policies and procedures to maximizing the efficiency and effectiveness of the IT services.

I was deeply involved in organizations software/database development for office automations.

There were 5 operational servers in Safwco
-File server
-Email Server MDemon
-ISA Server (for internet management of employees)
-IIS server (for Micro finance ERP website)
-SQL Server 2005 (Microfinance Database)
-2 Backup servers

I was responsible for the supervision and operations of of File Servers, Active Directory System, Maintenance of e-mail server MDeamon, for more than 400 hundred employees working in organization
Also I was responsible for the operations of Disaster and recovery of data, hardware and software.
Ensured the timely delivery of Internet connection, server authentication and backup maintenance for each organizations employee’s computer
I also supervised SQL Server Database administration, backup and recoveries and supervision and monitoring of SQL reporting team.

Networking
• Assisted in the planning and implementation of additions, deletions and major modifications to the supporting regional infrastructure throughout organization.
• Implemented network security
• Supervised the administration and maintenance of the organization’ s infrastructure, and used to direct more junior Innovators when necessary.
• Supervised the administration of the organization’s WAN.
• Management of Wirless network Ethernet , IEEE 802.11b , IEEE 802.11g , Fast Ethernet
• Handling Network / Transport Protocol L2TP , PPTP , IPSec , PPPoE , TCP/IP
• Supervision and troubleshooting of NAT , DHCP t , VPN passthrough , Dynamic DNS server , MAC address filtering , Auto-uplink (auto MDI/MDI-X) when ever needed
• Very much familiar with Compliant Standards IEEE 802.3 , IEEE 802.1x , IEEE 802.3u , IEEE 802.11b , IEEE 802.11g
• and familiar with 4 x Network node - Ethernet 10Base-T - RJ-45 , 1 x Network - Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-TX - RJ-45 ( DMZ ) interfaces.
Internal Systems
• Responsible for enormously close supervision of troubleshooting, systems backups, archiving, and disaster recovery and provided expert support.
• Worked days and nights with project team to help implement Internal and external Systems.
Help Desk Administration
• Management, supervision and scheduling of all help desk activities at the districts level.
• Responded to shoot up help desk issues .
• Supervision, administration and maintenance of organization’s tracking software.
• Interacted with employees on all levels to help resolve IT-related issues and provides answers in a timely manner.
Asset Management
• Built and maintained vendor relationships and managed the purchase of hardware and software products.
I was also responsible for procurement and quality assurance of hardware and software purchase. I was also involved in recruiting committee for hiring computer professionals for organization
Communication
• Arranged team meetings twice a month.
• Hold regular status meetings with team.
• Kept team well informed of changes within the organization
• Effectively communicated relevant IT-related information to superiors.
• Used to deliver engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
• Resolved and/or escalated issues in a timely fashion.
• Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
Management
• Initiated and implemented improvements in all areas of IT responsibility throughout the organization.
• Served as main point of contact on all IT-related matters for the office assigned.
• Responded/acted on upper-management direction .
• Identified and provided standards for gathering information for use in trend analysis and reported information to organization’s management.

irshad2005

Feb 22, 2010
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2009
Doc's Request.
18-02-2010
AOR Received.
18-02-2010
File Transfer...
08-03-2010
Man this is hugs list of responsibilties.
I just wrote these as my roles...

To : Year 2010 – Month 03 (Till Date)
NOC Code : 0213
Years of Experience : 4 Years or more

Main Duties :-

Plan, Organize, Implement and Monitor Computer Systems Operations of our Company
Create and Implement Policies for Systems and Network and make sure that it is followed properly.
Automate manual and daily tasks and enhance the quality of work.
Manage System Requirement for New and ongoing Projects and requirements.
Recruit Engineers for the Company as per the requirement.
Train Team Members on various aspects of Systems/Projects and make sure all the operational and project related tasks are handled properly.
Assist Team Members in daily operational tasks and other Projects.
Monitor and Maintain Technology to ensure maximum access, stability and uptime.
Research and implement new technology to enhance the operations of our Company Systems.

I have sent all my work exp details to CHC, New Delhi now....
Hope everything goes well for me.....

Also what i think is not write everything...i mean small bits to CIO/CHC....
We should write the roles which they are interested for.....
This is my opinion.....
Waiting for rest to respond
Hope this helps....

murtazaabbasi

Mar 9, 2010
Pakistan
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-04-2010
Doc's Request.
12-July-2010
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
12-July-2010
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
20-July-2010
Med's Request
Done on 3 Sep 2014
Med's Done....
Sent by E-medical System
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
yes, rcvd PR1
VISA ISSUED...
Got it
LANDED..........
let us see what other says?

murtazaabbasi

Mar 9, 2010
Pakistan
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-04-2010
Doc's Request.
12-July-2010
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
12-July-2010
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
20-July-2010
Med's Request
Done on 3 Sep 2014
Med's Done....
Sent by E-medical System
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
yes, rcvd PR1
VISA ISSUED...
Got it
LANDED..........
ONe more thing
should I mention my current job? I am workin gon Sr.Software Engineer. won't it be any problem
and should i write its job descriptions?

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
murtazaabbasi said:
NOC code (0213)
Manager, Information Technology Operations
Sindh Agricultural Forestry Working Coordinating Organization (SAFWCO)
www.safwco.org
Hyderabad

Job Description:
As a Manager IT operation I was responsible for the strategic and operational management of the organization's IT infrastructure.
I was responsible for ensuring that all aspects of IT support services (such as data security, network implementation, Servers security, supervision of servers, desktops and laptop maintenance) are delivered in timely and quality manner to meet both current and emerging needs of organization, and needs of employees, I was also responsible for the supervision of collecting data requirements, coordinating to analyze and formulate the best solution, supervising the solution implementation, communicating with internal employees, managing adherence to relevant policies and procedures to maximizing the efficiency and effectiveness of the IT services.

I was deeply involved in organizations software/database development for office automations.

There were 5 operational servers in Safwco
-File server
-Email Server MDemon
-ISA Server (for internet management of employees)
-IIS server (for Micro finance ERP website)
-SQL Server 2005 (Microfinance Database)
-2 Backup servers

I was responsible for the supervision and operations of of File Servers, Active Directory System, Maintenance of e-mail server MDeamon, for more than 400 hundred employees working in organization
Also I was responsible for the operations of Disaster and recovery of data, hardware and software.
Ensured the timely delivery of Internet connection, server authentication and backup maintenance for each organizations employee's computer
I also supervised SQL Server Database administration, backup and recoveries and supervision and monitoring of SQL reporting team.

Networking
• Assisted in the planning and implementation of additions, deletions and major modifications to the supporting regional infrastructure throughout organization.
• Implemented network security
• Supervised the administration and maintenance of the organization' s infrastructure, and used to direct more junior Innovators when necessary.
• Supervised the administration of the organization's WAN.
• Management of Wirless network Ethernet , IEEE 802.11b , IEEE 802.11g , Fast Ethernet
• Handling Network / Transport Protocol L2TP , PPTP , IPSec , PPPoE , TCP/IP
• Supervision and troubleshooting of NAT , DHCP t , VPN passthrough , Dynamic DNS server , MAC address filtering , Auto-uplink (auto MDI/MDI-X) when ever needed
• Very much familiar with Compliant Standards IEEE 802.3 , IEEE 802.1x , IEEE 802.3u , IEEE 802.11b , IEEE 802.11g
• and familiar with 4 x Network node - Ethernet 10Base-T - RJ-45 , 1 x Network - Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-TX - RJ-45 ( DMZ ) interfaces.
Internal Systems
• Responsible for enormously close supervision of troubleshooting, systems backups, archiving, and disaster recovery and provided expert support.
• Worked days and nights with project team to help implement Internal and external Systems.
Help Desk Administration
• Management, supervision and scheduling of all help desk activities at the districts level.
• Responded to shoot up help desk issues .
• Supervision, administration and maintenance of organization's tracking software.
• Interacted with employees on all levels to help resolve IT-related issues and provides answers in a timely manner.
Asset Management
• Built and maintained vendor relationships and managed the purchase of hardware and software products.
I was also responsible for procurement and quality assurance of hardware and software purchase. I was also involved in recruiting committee for hiring computer professionals for organization
Communication
• Arranged team meetings twice a month.
• Hold regular status meetings with team.
• Kept team well informed of changes within the organization
• Effectively communicated relevant IT-related information to superiors.
• Used to deliver engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
• Resolved and/or escalated issues in a timely fashion.
• Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
Management
• Initiated and implemented improvements in all areas of IT responsibility throughout the organization.
• Served as main point of contact on all IT-related matters for the office assigned.
• Responded/acted on upper-management direction .
• Identified and provided standards for gathering information for use in trend analysis and reported information to organization's management.
Can you re write some and write if any managerial duties. Put them first and arrange accordingly. I am not of this field so let others also comment. Best of luck

kris905

Jan 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-March-2010
AOR Received.
17-May-2010
Med's Request
Nov 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2013
I guess the description is more technical and the Immigration officer will have trouble decoding the technical terms. The NOC code is about management aspect of IT (People, systems and delivery) rather than managing systems (servers, printers, networks).
I think it would be helpful if you could rephrase the technical terms.

Management, supervision and scheduling of all help desk activities at the districts level.
Hold regular status meetings with team.
Effectively communicated relevant IT-related information to superiors.
Used to deliver engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.

These terms, out of your profile seem apt to me

Just my thought

murtazaabbasi

Mar 9, 2010
Pakistan
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-04-2010
Doc's Request.
12-July-2010
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
12-July-2010
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
20-July-2010
Med's Request
Done on 3 Sep 2014
Med's Done....
Sent by E-medical System
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
yes, rcvd PR1
VISA ISSUED...
Got it
LANDED..........
thanks for sharing

P

pv

You can highlight your managerial role more than technical details
Put them in points and not in multiple paras.
Something like this ( just an example, you can add more based on your current duties)

>Responsible for Requirements Gathering, Business Process Analysis, and the Synthesis of Information gathered into a Business Application Software Design.
>Responsible in Effort and Budget Estimation for the projects.
>Control the budgets and expenditures of the project and provide status to Senior Management.
>Responsible for Planning, Organizing and Directing Team members in the project for the execution and completion of the project.
>Assemble and manage teams of information systems personnel to Analyze, design, develop, implement the Customer requirements to Software Projects.
>Managing the day-to-day technical and logistical operations of IT staffs including Scheduling, Assignment, and Task Performance Monitoring of Employees. Direct and Evaluate Project Execution.
>Appraise team members yearly based on their performance and provide performance rating to HR
> Technical Interview Panel member involved in recruiting Senior Software Engineers, Technical Leads and Project Leads for the Company.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Resemblances with CIC's site shud work alongside adding some new duties many usually perform.

kenzo

Star Member
Apr 4, 2010
irshad2005 said:
Man this is hugs list of responsibilties.
I just wrote these as my roles...

To : Year 2010 – Month 03 (Till Date)
NOC Code : 0213
Years of Experience : 4 Years or more

Plan, Organize, Implement and Monitor Computer Systems Operations of our Company
Create and Implement Policies for Systems and Network and make sure that it is followed properly.
Train Team Members on various aspects of Systems/Projects and make sure all the operational and project related tasks are handled properly.
Research and implement new technology to enhance the operations of our Company Systems.

I have sent all my work exp details to CHC, New Delhi now....
Hope everything goes well for me.....

Also what i think is not write everything...i mean small bits to CIO/CHC....
We should write the roles which they are interested for.....
This is my opinion.....
Waiting for rest to respond
Hope this helps....
Hi Mr.Irshad
Hope that u r fine

i want to apply for immigration with Same ur Job Title "Computer Systems Manager"
* can i use the same duties ?
* is ur application accepted by CIC with these duties ?
* kindly if u have a duties for "computer networks manager" can u give me these duties ?
thx for u
Good Luck

mobyshaikh

Star Member
Mar 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO to PVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-May-2010
Doc's Request.
CC Charged 17-Aug-2010, 1st AOR 22-Oct-2010
Nomination.....
Full Docs Submitted- 25-01-2011
AOR Received.
2nd AOR: 16-Jun-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted- 25-Jan-2011
Med's Request
16-Mar-2013
Med's Done....
6-Apr-2013
Interview........
Meds additional document 19-May-2013
Passport Req..
14-Jan-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
29-Mar-2014
There is a note in the form which mentions: "List only occupations that fall under Skill Type 0 or Skill Levels A or B"

My last 3 years experience falls under category 0213 Computer and Information Systems Managers
Previous 7 years fall under 2174 Computer Programmers and Interactive Media Developers

1. Does this mean I should only list my last 3 years experience?
2. Under the Occupation Should I write my official job title or NOC description which matches my role for example in my current role NOC description which matches my work experience is computer projects manager. Should i list that?
3. I am submitting my initial application to CIO, in the Main Duties I have only put briefs. What you guys have mentioned above is huge descriptions. Do we need to write details at this stage? If so it would require additional pages to be attached. What I wrote is:
-MANAGE IT PROJECTS
-BUSINESS PROCESS IMPROVEMENT
-ENHANCE CONTROLS
-REDUCE OPERATIONAL RISK
-INCREASE CUSTOMER SATISFACTION

Cheers!

murtazaabbasi

Mar 9, 2010
Pakistan
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-04-2010
Doc's Request.
12-July-2010
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
12-July-2010
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
20-July-2010
Med's Request
Done on 3 Sep 2014
Med's Done....
Sent by E-medical System
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
yes, rcvd PR1
VISA ISSUED...
Got it
LANDED..........

I have sent all my work exp details to CHC, Hope everything goes well for me.....

mobyshaikh

Star Member
Mar 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO to PVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-May-2010
Doc's Request.
CC Charged 17-Aug-2010, 1st AOR 22-Oct-2010
Nomination.....
Full Docs Submitted- 25-01-2011
AOR Received.
2nd AOR: 16-Jun-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted- 25-Jan-2011
Med's Request
16-Mar-2013
Med's Done....
6-Apr-2013
Interview........
Meds additional document 19-May-2013
Passport Req..
14-Jan-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
29-Mar-2014
was this reply for me?

murtazaabbasi

Mar 9, 2010
Pakistan
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-04-2010
Doc's Request.
12-July-2010
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
12-July-2010
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
20-July-2010
Med's Request
Done on 3 Sep 2014
Med's Done....
Sent by E-medical System
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
yes, rcvd PR1
VISA ISSUED...
Got it
LANDED..........
yes, and also u must mention ur programmer and IMD experince for 7 years too, no problem there aee no marks for this but they will access your contineation.

jamshaid

Aug 26, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
2282-0721-621-2242
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2007
Doc's Request.
na
Nomination.....
na
AOR Received.
27 jan 2008
IELTS Request
na
File Transfer...
na
Med's Request
na
Med's Done....
na
Interview........
na
Passport Req..
na
VISA ISSUED...
na
LANDED..........
na
Hi,
I want to take the advice form you guys,I wrote the duties for,User support Technician NOC 2282,which are as under are they enough or should I put more,any one please.

Main Duties:

● Support the following clients;
KFSHRC, MOH, MOD, Ministry of Interior, Saudi Credit Bank, Bank Al Rajhi, Saudi American Bank, Saudi British Bank, King Saud University, Ministry of Civil Affairs.

Software/Hardware maintenance and troubleshooting side, Application support/maintenance side.

● Installation/Configuration/Assembling of IMB/Dell PCs, monitors, HP Printers and Scanners.

● Claiming/Demanding/Fixing/Replacing under warranty IBM/Dell PCs, Monitor parts and boards.

● Network Troubleshooting.

● User support/help desk.

● Installation and configuration of UPS.

● preparing weekly and monthly report for submission to the management.

● Backup and data storage.

● Designing and installation of local area network (including: Cabling, Termination of nodes, Patch panels, switches)

● Response and action on client calls.
Hoping someone will reply me soon thanks Jamshaid