+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is this a misrepresentation? I'm scared.....

DoerSarc

Apr 7, 2022
The physician ask if I have ever been into hospital, I said that I did before because of dengue(It was 10yrs ago so kinda stupid of me to say it. I was planning not to say anything but the physician is just too intimidating. I was so bad at lying.). I also applied years ago and realized that I did not declare it back then when I did my medical. Will they charge me misrepresentation? Did I fuck up?

• Haha
Reactions: muscletech

muscletech

May 26, 2020
App. Filed.......
24-02-2020
AOR Received.
10-03-2020
The physician ask if I have ever been into hospital, I said that I did before because of dengue(It was 10yrs ago so kinda stupid of me to say it. I was planning not to say anything but the physician is just too intimidating. I was so bad at lying.). I also applied years ago and realized that I did not declare it back then when I did my medical. Will they charge me misrepresentation? Did I fuck up?
Yes. Expect non-bailable warrant issued against you with $100,000 fine.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Unlikely. Misrepresentation would require them to make a determination under false pretences…I doubt having had dengue would result in your being denied for that reason alone.

Reactions: YVR123 and armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Chill. For a misrepresentation to be an issue, it would have to be material (if IRCC had known, it would have / could have influenced the decision they made about the file). Having spent a bit of time in hopsital due to an infection that passed, more than ten years before, not likely to be in that class.

Don't do it again because not worth it. If just for the stress.