+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is there still some 2019 outland applicant who has been waiting ?

Nigeriana

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
Nov 22nd
Of course. In our case, they asked how did we meet, and when exactly, how many times we saw each other, when did we get married (they wanted exact date to see if we knew them and if it was the same as written in the application), who was in our wedding, where did we go for our honeymoon, they also asked political questions also.. (like who do we follow and if we ever participated in anything political), they also cheked our facebook before the interview.. so be careful. So in general, they asked questions which the answers were already In the app… but wanted to make sure if we knew them by heart.
Thank you, i sure do appreciate it!

Reactions: MayTa

abart

Star Member
Jun 10, 2021
December 2019 here and I still haven't heard anything. We're so depressed at this point from how long we have been waiting. I only see 2020/2021 applicants getting approved.

Reactions: Feb2020

Feb2020

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
Still waiting for the security check to be done :(
I don’t understand why the “”security check”” and the so called “”background check”” is taking forever for all of us still waiting from Feb 2020 and you guys from 2019 .. while people from April and June 2021 are getting their PRs ..

How are their so called “background and security check” done faster than us .. doesn’t make sense

• Sad
Reactions: MayTa

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
How are their so called “background and security check” done faster than us .. doesn’t make sense
Ummmm ... because your cases are different?

Don't want to have to defend IRCC, but the expectation that security and background checks would take the same amount of time for all is absurd. And probably simple rule of thumb that 80-90% are simple and short and the rest are complex and completely unpredictable how long might be accurate.

That said, of course there are covid issues and all the rest and I'm sure plenty of cases of IRCC and the other outside partners it works with screwing up as well.

abart

Star Member
Jun 10, 2021
I don't think our background and security checks are taking longer. It seems more that the older applications are buried under all the newer applications and aren't getting processed. I've ordered several case notes and from what I've seen they are not doing anything with our file it's just sitting there. They must have found it buried in a closet somewhere because they decided to transfer it to Ottawa after 6 months of literally zero activity.

Reactions: Feb2020

Feb2020

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
I don't think our background and security checks are taking longer. It seems more that the older applications are buried under all the newer applications and aren't getting processed. I've ordered several case notes and from what I've seen they are not doing anything with our file it's just sitting there. They must have found it buried in a closet somewhere because they decided to transfer it to Ottawa after 6 months of literally zero activity.
That’s exactly what I meant. BUT every time you call IRCC they would say security and background checks! (That’s beside the Covid and now Afghan reasons) our files sit buried for months.

bobosee

Star Member
Oct 29, 2019
This! They are simply not working on older files. My file was stuck at CPC Sydney for 17 months before being transferred to LVO. Ordered notes multiple times and all indicated the file was not being worked on all this time. I still have not had any response back from LVO since the past 10 weeks which is normal but I expected them to expedite the process after such a long delay.

Reactions: canadan_

canman2021

Jun 20, 2021
Hi all , the best you can do currently is to communicate with your MP, i know someone who approach his MP and got his application approved soon after that, he wrote a compassion letter to him and it magnificently worked, good luck to you all and pray you reunite with your loved ones soon.

bobosee

Star Member
Oct 29, 2019
Hi all , the best you can do currently is to communicate with your MP, i know someone who approach his MP and got his application approved soon after that, he wrote a compassion letter to him and it magnificently worked, good luck to you all and pray you reunite with your loved ones soon.
Depends on the MP. Mine was not able to do anything