+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is there still chance if medical exam is not good

Surfing

Sep 1, 2014
Does applicant still have chance if failed in medical exam? Is it possible that CIC will allow applicant to take a period of time to get treatment. Once recovered, applicant will be granted PR.

arika

Sep 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/10/2014
Nomination.....
14/01/2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2015
I think it's impolite to ask what health issue do you have exactly, but as to your question I beleive it depends on the seriousness of your issues. If it's a minor one which can eliminated later on there's no reason for CIC to decline you.

Surfing

Sep 1, 2014
arika said:
I think it's impolite to ask what health issue do you have exactly, but as to your question I beleive it depends on the seriousness of your issues. If it's a minor one which can eliminated later on there's no reason for CIC to decline you.
Thanks for your reply. If it's a minor one, how long does CIC normally will wait for the applicant to recover?

arika

Sep 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/10/2014
Nomination.....
14/01/2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2015
Surfing said:
Thanks for your reply. If it's a minor one, how long does CIC normally will wait for the applicant to recover?
I didn't quite understand what do you mean by "wait for the applicant to recover". As far as I know CIC doesn't usually wait for anyone and merely follows its procedured and timeframes set. That is to say that if you are required to provide medical certificate and it reports some health issues, it is completely to CIC officer discretion whether you are considered productive for Canadian economy or not.
(disclamer: I'm not an immigration lawyer or CIC officer, so my knowlegde is based solely on information available from internet sources)
Unfortunalelly, cannot give you more detailed information on this matter. Maybe someone else faced similar problem and can share experience :(

Surfing

Sep 1, 2014
arika said:
I didn't quite understand what do you mean by "wait for the applicant to recover". As far as I know CIC doesn't usually wait for anyone and merely follows its procedured and timeframes set. That is to say that if you are required to provide medical certificate and it reports some health issues, it is completely to CIC officer discretion whether you are considered productive for Canadian economy or not.
(disclamer: I'm not an immigration lawyer or CIC officer, so my knowlegde is based solely on information available from internet sources)
Unfortunalelly, cannot give you more detailed information on this matter. Maybe someone else faced similar problem and can share experience :(
Thank you Arika for your input. This may be a rare case. It's still good to know what you have provided.

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
Surfing said:
Does applicant still have chance if failed in medical exam? Is it possible that CIC will allow applicant to take a period of time to get treatment. Once recovered, applicant will be granted PR.

Difficult to answer without knowing the exact nature of the failed medical exam since every case is different and will be dealt with accordingly. What do you exactly mean by a 'failed medical exam'? Did you get a refusal from CIC for medical reason? If not, how do you know it's failed?

I am just trying to get some perspective here since you don't provide enough details. Just remember that medical inadmissibility is usually due to two factors: 1) your disease possesses a threat to canada (relevant in case of chronic communicable diseases like TB) and 2) your disease is very expensive to be treated and thus burdens Canada economically (for cases like cancer etc).

fandv

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
CPC-M: None. Singapore: 25 Apr 2013
File Transfer...
17 Apr 2013
Med's Request
2nd request: 5 Feb 2014
Med's Done....
1st: 12 Dec 2012. 2nd: 11 Feb 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 Feb 2014 and also e-CAS changed to "In Process" on that day. Passport got to Singapore: 12 Mar '14
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on eCAS: 12 April 2014. Visa n COPR issued 8 April 2014, received 16 May 2014.
LANDED..........
20 May 2014. PR card arrived on 29 July 2014.
Or may be you can tell us (if you don't mind) what your health issue(s) is/are. Would be a lot easier for us to assess...

Surfing

Sep 1, 2014
namaste said:
Difficult to answer without knowing the exact nature of the failed medical exam since every case is different and will be dealt with accordingly. What do you exactly mean by a 'failed medical exam'? Did you get a refusal from CIC for medical reason? If not, how do you know it's failed?

I am just trying to get some perspective here since you don't provide enough details. Just remember that medical inadmissibility is usually due to two factors: 1) your disease possesses a threat to canada (relevant in case of chronic communicable diseases like TB) and 2) your disease is very expensive to be treated and thus burdens Canada economically (for cases like cancer etc).
Really appreciate all of the answers from you guys. I am still far to ME stage. Just want to know what will happen if there is any problem in ME. Based on these answers, most of people should advance to next stage after ME. That's good!

harjahluwalia

Star Member
Dec 2, 2014
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2009
Doc's Request.
29-10-2014
File Transfer...
09-11-2015
Med's Request
16-11-2015
Med's Done....
07-12-2015
Surfing said:
Really appreciate all of the answers from you guys. I am still far to ME stage. Just want to know what will happen if there is any problem in ME. Based on these answers, most of people should advance to next stage after ME. That's good!
what about heart problems ?
cic ask first time echo, stress test
after 2 months cic ask again to my father to heart angography test

please help me out.

if test is normal or abnormal

what is next step and if any abnormal, we can go with treatment. cic or dmp recommendation for treatment or we can self and then forward the result

smartcanuck

Sep 29, 2009
CIC will refuse the application on the basis of medical inadmissibility. You may be able to apply again after recovering from your medical issues.