+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is there enough time to study once the test is booked?

Sep 12, 2017
I've received the confirmation to book the test date. However, it doesn't let you know which test dates are available. If I go on with the process and book, would it be enough time in between to allow me to study? Thanks in advance

rafaelrms

Sep 30, 2012
This is very weird. As long as I know, IRCC sends you an invitation with a test date, time and place. You cannot "book" a time. Anyway, a couple days is more than enough to read and re-read the booklet, do the exercises and practice on citizenshipcounts.ca.

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
I've received the confirmation to book the test date. However, it doesn't let you know which test dates are available. If I go on with the process and book, would it be enough time in between to allow me to study? Thanks in advance
You cannot choose your test date? Never heard that before?

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Possibly depends on where you are. If I am informed correctly, the local offices organize the tests, maybe some of the offices are trying something new because they had a lot of no-shows.

As others already said, half the test is common sense, and the other half is easy to memorize. In particular since the multiple choice options are not super-hard. For example, it would't give you 1867 and 1888 as options for Confederation. Instead you'll have options like 1867 and 1982.

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
Possibly depends on where you are. If I am informed correctly, the local offices organize the tests, maybe some of the offices are trying something new because they had a lot of no-shows.

As others already said, half the test is common sense, and the other half is easy to memorize. In particular since the multiple choice options are not super-hard. For example, it would't give you 1867 and 1888 as options for Confederation. Instead you'll have options like 1867 and 1982.
Yes, I agree the test is not too hard. Nevertheless, the failure quote seems to be 20%. Therefore, I would study for it. Also I believe studying this book helps you to learn a lot about your future country.

http://www.toptipsclub.com/blog/canadian-citizenship/frequently-asked-questions-about-canadian-citizenship-test/#Q10

Sep 12, 2017
You're right, I checked the email carefully and it says that they will contact me again with a test date. I guess this was just a confirmation of the process moving forward. Thanks for the clarification.