+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is there anyway to transfer my dental education to Canadian university

Jiya saleem

Aug 5, 2022
Hello. I am a dental student in Pakistan. It is a 4 year degree program with 1 year house job.
I am currently in 2nd year of education. And I will go to Canada next year in spouse visa. Can I continue my dental education in Canadian university. And is it allowed to exempt 2 years which I already did in Pakistan and continue dental education?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello. I am a dental student in Pakistan. It is a 4 year degree program with 1 year house job.
I am currently in 2nd year of education. And I will go to Canada next year in spouse visa. Can I continue my dental education in Canadian university. And is it allowed to exempt 2 years which I already did in Pakistan and continue dental education?
You need to contact dentals schools if transferring is an option. You would need a study permit and pay international fees.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I agree that you will need to contact the universities you are interested in attending to understand their policies regarding transfer credits. Dentistry programs in Canada are in high demand and there are limited spaces available. This means universities only accept transfer students if spaces are available in their program. So one of the risks you'll run is that you won't be able to find a program with space available. The University of Toronto publicly states that most years they do not accept transfer students since there are no spots available. I can't comment on other schools and you will need to research this / contact the schools to ask. Good luck.

Reactions: Naturgrl

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Sorry - one more thing to consider. I believe dental surgery is a bachelor level education in Pakistan. In Canada it's a doctorate level. Maybe I'm mistaken about Pakistan...

Reactions: YVR123

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Just to add you need a 4 year undergrad degree to even be eligible. And fees are high. U of Toronto’s international fees are $130k per year and it is a 4 year program.

Reactions: YVR123

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would anticipate that you’ll be unable to transfer into a dental program for various reasons. Number of spots, curriculums not being identical, the fact that it is a second entry program where most already have a bachelors degree, etc. I would anticipate that you’ll need to start from scratch in Canada or stay and finish your dental education in Pakistan and then try to get licensed in Canada. Given that you’ll likely have to do a bachelors degree first in Canada staying in Pakistan is probably best.

afzaal778

Mar 24, 2024
Hi Jiya. Did you get any information on this from universities in Canada. I'm in same kind of situation. Kindly let me know if you're able to transfer your credits. Thanks