+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is there anyone applied LMIA work permit in June?

HelenCCC

Nov 21, 2019
I applied WP on June 11, 2022.
But I didn’t get approved yet.
The medical passed on November 17th, 2022.
Worrying…

Jan 8, 2023
Oh don’t worry it taking longer than expected for online work permit applications, and sorry mine was paper application.
Hi, I was just wondering if you applied as a visitor to work permit? Im confused about the eligibility of visitors to get a work permit within Canada.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, I was just wondering if you applied as a visitor to work permit? Im confused about the eligibility of visitors to get a work permit within Canada.
What is your NOC? If caregiver, no. Apply through HCCP program.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/caregivers.html

You can’t apply for a new work permit (that needs an LMIA) in these cases:

1. Your employer applied for an LMIA on or after June 18, 2019, and
    • you’re applying for a work permit from outside Canada through the TFWP and
    • you plan to work in a province or territory other than Quebec
  2. You apply for a work permit at a port of entry on or after April 22, 2022.
  3. You’re in Canada as a visitor and apply for your first work permit on or after April 22, 2022.

Jan 8, 2023
What is your NOC? If caregiver, no. Apply through HCCP program.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/caregivers.html

You can’t apply for a new work permit (that needs an LMIA) in these cases:

1. Your employer applied for an LMIA on or after June 18, 2019, and
    • you’re applying for a work permit from outside Canada through the TFWP and
    • you plan to work in a province or territory other than Quebec
  2. You apply for a work permit at a port of entry on or after April 22, 2022.
  3. You’re in Canada as a visitor and apply for your first work permit on or after April 22, 2022.
Yes, I saw that. But there's also a section in that link under the PR for caregivers-> work permit submitted on its own -> visitors that need work permit. Im sure it wont apply to the pilot program as it always include a PR application, so this should be for visitors, correct me if Im wrong. Q

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes, I saw that. But there's also a section in that link under the PR for caregivers-> work permit submitted on its own -> visitors that need work permit. Im sure it wont apply to the pilot program as it always include a PR application, so this should be for visitors, correct me if Im wrong. Q
Right, if you meet the above conditions you can apply for a work permit from within Canada. Again you can try but if refused it is because you don’t meet conditions.

Jan 8, 2023
Right, if you meet the above conditions you can apply for a work permit from within Canada. Again you can try but if refused it is because you don’t meet conditions.
Thank you. The information they provided are conflicting it hurts my brain trying to analyze it. It's crazy that they want to limit those who can apply for tfw caregiver because they want people to apply for the pilot program but also limiting those in the pilot program. ‍

Were planning to go to the border to flagpole the application and get result on the spot rather than waiting for it for months only to get refused. What do you think of this idea?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you. The information they provided are conflicting it hurts my brain trying to analyze it. It's crazy that they want to limit those who can apply for tfw caregiver because they want people to apply for the pilot program but also limiting those in the pilot program. ‍

Were planning to go to the border to flagpole the application and get result on the spot rather than waiting for it for months only to get refused. What do you think of this idea?
How is she eligible to flagpole on a visitor visa? Or she has a US visa or is US citizen?