+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is there any way my wife can come visit on a temp visa before I sponsor her?

CanadianCitizen314

Mar 12, 2018
I heard there were some changes to immigration law due to covid-19. I married my wife in October before this all happened and it's just been dead time since ... we cant even get our marriage license yet so we've lost 6 months. I really want to see her again ... I'm afraid it will be years now which is very painful to think about.

Is there any way she can apply now for a temporary visa to come visit? She was flat out rejected before for a temp visa before we were married in Philippines, I wrote an invitation letter and it said because she didn't have enough money in her bank account they didn't believe she would return to the Philippines so for the last year I've been living under the impression that the only way she'd ever be able to visit Canada is if I sponor her first.

I just want to see her again, I want her to come visit me in Canada even if only for a few weeks until we can submit our sponsorship application. Have laws changed to make this possible?

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
I heard there were some changes to immigration law due to covid-19. I married my wife in October before this all happened and it's just been dead time since ... we cant even get our marriage license yet so we've lost 6 months. I really want to see her again ... I'm afraid it will be years now which is very painful to think about.

Is there any way she can apply now for a temporary visa to come visit? She was flat out rejected before for a temp visa before we were married in Philippines, I wrote an invitation letter and it said because she didn't have enough money in her bank account they didn't believe she would return to the Philippines so for the last year I've been living under the impression that the only way she'd ever be able to visit Canada is if I sponor her first.

I just want to see her again, I want her to come visit me in Canada even if only for a few weeks until we can submit our sponsorship application. Have laws changed to make this possible?
yes, there are always ways to come to visit but in most cases (spousal applications), the chances are slim. It does not hurt to try.