+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

is there any need of old passport?

thebestme

Nov 27, 2016
Hi people,

plz help me out with this problem.

Is there any need of submitting old passport which is not expired till date and having visas stamped on it for UK & Gabon...

unfortunately I am not able to trace that old passport now and luckily, I have the scan copy of visas & first/last page which was scanned 4 years back.

Will this work????

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
thebestme said:
ohhh relieved....i m loving this forum ;D

cheers :D
But are we lying....?

(We aren't...

Or are we???)

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Yes. You need to provide the visa(s), stamps on that passport in your passport section of the documents.

You also need it for your travel history as you need exact dates of your travel.

thebestme

Nov 27, 2016
rafzy said:
Yes. You need to provide the visa(s), stamps on that passport in your passport section of the documents.

You also need it for your travel history as you need exact dates of your travel.
In travel History i have added the exact travelled dates and also i have a scan of only visa stamp pages only.....

I don't have scan of complete old passport pages and moreover i am able to find it. Will that be a problem? :(

thebestme

Nov 27, 2016
dan_and said:
No, it is not a problem at all. The old passport is not required. Since the inception of Express Entry, CIC have never asked for the old passport either in the document details or in the upload section.

I don't understand why people seem to think they need to upload the old passport. If they needed it, they would ask for it, wouldn't they?

As long as you fill in the travel history correctly, you are completely fine.
ok got u...its only overthinking which leads us to this type of unwanted situation. ;)