+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is there any minimum wage requirement for OOPNP?

Drzues

Star Member
May 30, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
Canceled
I heard from someone that there is minimum wage requirement associated with every NOC code, but not sure if thats true.

DoubleS

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
CCC Jan 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
Drzues said:
I heard from someone that there is minimum wage requirement associated with every NOC code, but not sure if thats true.
"You must meet the minimum entry level wage listed in the “low wage” column of the chart if you are an international student. If you are a foreign worker, you must meet the minimum prevailing wage listed in the “median wage” column." -- page 37-38 of the guide
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/prodconsum/groups/csc/ @ oipp/documents/document/oi_en_hcps.pdf

Drzues

Star Member
May 30, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
Canceled
DoubleS said:
"You must meet the minimum entry level wage listed in the “low wage” column of the chart if you are an international student. If you are a foreign worker, you must meet the minimum prevailing wage listed in the “median wage” column." -- page 37-38 of the guide
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/prodconsum/groups/csc/ @ oipp/documents/document/oi_en_hcps.pdf
Well that certainly kicks me out of the pool, I earn 1.40 less than the minimum wage listed in for my NOC even though i received the PT today. :(

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
Drzues said:
Well that certainly kicks me out of the pool, I earn 1.40 less than the minimum wage listed in for my NOC even though i received the PT today. :(
Get your employer to write in job letter that you will soon gets raise and that will be above minimum

DoubleS

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
CCC Jan 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
Drzues said:
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope CIC will drop the CRS score required in the upcoming draws, and you will get an ITA.

In the meantime, have you explored options that may increase your CRS score?

GOOD LUCK!!!

hamoonExpressEntry

Jan 23, 2015
Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
21-09-2015
I am really not sure about that wage requirement. Except at the bottom of application guide, no where else they talk about minimum wage.

I think that only applies for FSW with job offer.

Drzues

Star Member
May 30, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
Canceled
hamoonExpressEntry said:
I am really not sure about that wage requirement. Except at the bottom of application guide, no where else they talk about minimum wage.

I think that only applies for FSW with job offer.
I know I noticed that as well, but if it was only FSW then they shouldn't have mentioned International student in it. I don't know if they just wanna keep it low to male more money by receiving and rejecting applications or what.

hamoonExpressEntry

Jan 23, 2015
Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
21-09-2015
It is a very weird requirement if that's true. I am going to call OO tomorrow. No where in the eligibility section they talk about minimum wage.

I even think they might have copied and paste that last section of application guide from somewhere. I only hope so.

Drzues

Star Member
May 30, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
Canceled
hamoonExpressEntry said:
It is a very weird requirement if that's true. I am going to call OO tomorrow. No where in the eligibility section they talk about minimum wage.

I even think they might have copied and paste that last section of application guide from somewhere. I only hope so.
Good idea, let me know what they say. I called today but it was already over 5 so no one picked up the phone

hamoonExpressEntry

Jan 23, 2015
Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
21-09-2015
Another thing is that no international student can apply for ontario express entry. Is not that right? So why do they mention if you are an international student then your wage must be this or that?

Drzues

Star Member
May 30, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
Canceled
hamoonExpressEntry said:
Another thing is that no international student can apply for ontario express entry. Is not that right? So why do they mention if you are an international student then your wage must be this or that?
I know that last page is so confusing, maybe by international student they meant people that are working on the pgwp?

hamoonExpressEntry

Jan 23, 2015
Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
21-09-2015
I just looked at the application guide for the two streams of pnp: International student and foreign worker streams. In that application guide they are clearly talking about the prevailing wage:

Your job offer must:
ƒ Be for a permanent, full-time job in a highly skilled occupation (NOC 0, A, or B).
ƒ Meet the prevailing wage in Ontario for that occupation or entry level wage in Ontario for
International Students.

Here is the link
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/prodconsum/groups/csc/@oipp/documents/abstract/oi_app_guide_nom_000.pdf

So it seems to me that, since they don't mention this in any place other that the appendix for ontario express entry, then this is not an eligibility criterion for ontario express entry.

hamoonExpressEntry

Jan 23, 2015
Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
21-09-2015
So in short, when they refer to international student and foreign worker, they mean those two streams, and no where in express entry application guide they talk about international student or foreign worker.

Drzues

Star Member
May 30, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
Canceled
hamoonExpressEntry said:
So in short, when they refer to international student and foreign worker, they mean those two streams, and no where in express entry application guide they talk about international student or foreign worker.
That makes sense, good point but then they shouldn't even have mentioned that page in that guide, i guess things gonna be much more clearer once we talk with them over the phone and get the details.