+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is there any issue if i go out of canada for 4 weeks after applying citizenship

mubeen241615

Star Member
Nov 24, 2008
Hi

I applied for citizenship on 01/June/2015 and got the AOR in July,2015 . Now my application status is 'IN PROCESS'.

I would like to go my home country (INDIA) to see my mother as she is not feeling well . I'm planning to go India for four weeks .

Is there any issue if i go out of canada for four weeks after applying my citizenship under old rules ?

Please let me know

Thanks
Mubeen

sirine1

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
mubeen241615 said:
Hi

I applied for citizenship on 01/June/2015 and got the AOR in July,2015 . Now my application status is 'IN PROCESS'.

I would like to go my home country (INDIA) to see my mother as she is not feeling well . I'm planning to go India for four weeks .

Is there any issue if i go out of canada for four weeks after applying my citizenship under old rules ?

Please let me know

No issue at all as long u call CIC and talk to the agent and let them know so they will not schedule ur test during the time ur away. By CIC rule if u need to leave Canada more than 2 weeks in a row u need to inform them.

Sirine

Thanks
Mubeen

turboracer

Jul 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mubeen241615 said:
Hi

Please let me know

Thanks
Mubeen
u can go more than 6 months even i just did and came home to toronto

it aint a problem as long we keep the address the same

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
mubeen241615 said:
Hi

Do i need to call CIC and to inform about my four weeks to India

Regards
Mubeen
While you are allowed to leave the country while your application is processed, CIC requests applicants to inform them of trips 2 weeks or longer.

"While we process your application, you should only contact CIC if:
[. . .]
you plan to leave Canada for more than two weeks in a row,"

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/become-after.asp

Foxx

Jun 27, 2014
I left Canada for 2 months after applying, didn't bother to call CIC. It didn't cause any delays with my application.
My guess is, you're just suggested to call CIC if you're expecting the test letter to come soon, and you're at risk of missing it. Watching stats and timelines for your office at this forum may help.

nb8285

Star Member
Mar 24, 2011
mubeen241615 said:
Hi

Please let me know

Thanks
Mubeen
Will you not go see your ailing mother if there indeed is an issue? Go see your mother and don't let CIC control your life.