+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is there any chance to keep my PR?

soheil_eng

Apr 23, 2018
Dear CanadaVisa,

I left Canada in April 2017 (1 year ago) and my PR card was expired in October 2017 (7 months ago). During the last 5 years, I have been physically in Canada for 15 months and couldn't stay more until to fulfill 2 years because of a family issue.

My questions:
1. Is there any chance to get back my Canadian Residency? If Yes, what would be the solution?

2. If I have to get PRTD by Canadian Embassy and whereas I live in Iran and Canadian Embassy was close in Iran a while ago which country will suit to apply for?

3. If I were lucky and could get PRTD; When I am boarding to the airport of Canada, immigration officers will realize that I have not fulfilled 2 years out of past 5 years. Could I pass them and enter into Canada just by showing PRTD or I will be refused?

I really appreciate your time and guidance in advance!

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Dear CanadaVisa,

I left Canada in April 2017 (1 year ago) and my PR card was expired in October 2017 (7 months ago). During the last 5 years, I have been physically in Canada for 15 months and couldn't stay more until to fulfill 2 years because of a family issue.

My questions:
1. Is there any chance to get back my Canadian Residency? If Yes, what would be the solution?

2. If I have to get PRTD by Canadian Embassy and whereas I live in Iran and Canadian Embassy was close in Iran a while ago which country will suit to apply for?

3. If I were lucky and could get PRTD; When I am boarding to the airport of Canada, immigration officers will realize that I have not fulfilled 2 years out of past 5 years. Could I pass them and enter into Canada just by showing PRTD or I will be refused?

I really appreciate your time and guidance in advance!
1 - It depends what your "family issue" was, and if it constitutes a valid H&C reasons (like a serious/documented medical condition of a family member over 3+ years requiring you to stay outside Canada all this time)

2 - You will mail your PR TD app + Passport to a VAC in Turkey.

3 - The officer processing your PR TD will assess your RO violation and will only issue PR TD if they accepted your H&C reasons. If they issue the PR TD, it means they accepted H&C reasons and you can return to Canada with no issues. If they deny the PR TD, it starts process to terminate your PR status.

Reactions: soheil_eng

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
Was it the family issue that kept you out of Canada the entire time, or was it the family issue that meant that you had to leave in 2017?

In looking at the Humanitarian and Compassionate grounds that would allow you to retain your PR status after not meeting the residency requirements, IRCC will consider the reasons for your absence for the entire time you were outside of Canada, and not just the reason you last left Canada.

This means that the reason you were outside of Canada has to explain the almost 4 years you were gone, and not just the last little while.

Reactions: soheil_eng