+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is there an ideal month/period in 2018 to give the IELTS exam? Experienced people.. share ur views

saivpk

Dec 10, 2017
Hi Folks,

I am preparing for IELTS and booked my exam on 06th Jan. There is nothing like ideal time for taking the test up to my knowledge.

ypaul

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-01-2018
Don't know about ideal but when it's holiday season in that area, results may be delayed saying that enough staff is not available for evaluation.

I faced this issue in Oct when results were delayed by 1 week due to Diwali holidays. Many people who gave exam on 16th Dec also haven't received result, I assume this could be one reason for that too.

Nagendra Kumar

Oct 30, 2017
Don't know about ideal but when it's holiday season in that area, results may be delayed saying that enough staff is not available for evaluation.

I faced this issue in Oct when results were delayed by 1 week due to Diwali holidays. Many people who gave exam on 16th Dec also haven't received result, I assume this could be one reason for that too.
Thanks for the information. Did you take your exam with British council or IDP?. I have registered my test center with British council Hyderabad. So I am not sure if the results would be affected for both organizations.

ypaul

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-01-2018
Thanks for the information. Did you take your exam with British council or IDP?. I have registered my test center with British council Hyderabad. So I am not sure if the results would be affected for both organizations.
I gave British Columbia both times, in Oct and Dec.

Zen_1987

Star Member
Oct 18, 2015
Navsari
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
There is no ideal time in terms of difficulty brother, it remains the same

The ideal time is the only one when you are prepared for the challenge.

From my personal experience,
I appeared on 9th September and I got
L 6 R 5.5 W 5.5 S 6
Overall 6

Then I decided to take test again and I appeared in 2nd December and I got
L 7 R 6 W 6 S 7
Overall 6.5

There is no difference between IDP and British Council, it's a rumor, some says IDP is easy and some says British Council is easy, but trust me, if you are well prepared, you will achieve your desired score.

Practice smartly

All the best