+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is there a direct link to BOWP application

Ronan_Eire

Aug 10, 2017
Guys,

I've spent two days trying to find the online application form/link for the Bridging Open Work Permit.

I've just submitted my application for PR and received the message explaining that I can now apply for the BOWP, but I can't find where to apply.
I've found "How to Apply" pages on the IRCC website but this only explains how to apply on paper.

I think I'm going nuts!

Any direction would be greatly appreciated.
I've also searched this forum and can't find an answer that has worked.

Thanks,
Ronan

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017

Ronan_Eire

Aug 10, 2017
It does not apply to me.
Is this a recent change that you have to apply online?
I have friends who have applied online this year who are under the same conditions as me.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/extend/alternate-format.html?paper

You have to apply on paper.

If you’re trying to apply for a work permit online in one of the below categories, you may have problems getting the right result. If you’re not sure if this applies to you, ask your employer.

Categories (LMIA exemption code if applicable)
  • Bridging open work permits (A75)

ceceh

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
Guys,

I've spent two days trying to find the online application form/link for the Bridging Open Work Permit.

I've just submitted my application for PR and received the message explaining that I can now apply for the BOWP, but I can't find where to apply.
I've found "How to Apply" pages on the IRCC website but this only explains how to apply on paper.

I think I'm going nuts!

Any direction would be greatly appreciated.
I've also searched this forum and can't find an answer that has worked.

Thanks,
Ronan
you need to use the Come to Canada Tool and answer all the questions. It will generate the package for the Open Permit request.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/come-canada-tool.html