+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is the 44 million dollars funding currently being utilized ?

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
Hi ,

I do remember that in the 2013 budget govt. dedicated around a 44 Million Dollars extra funding for the CIC .

Does any one here have any idea/information has this funding already put into the system or is it held for 2015 (election year) ?

Thanks.

sthaeem

Star Member
Feb 27, 2012
Last update in March was that CIC would dedicate whole $44M for this year. They were suppose to do half last year but never did.

You can listen to Committee meetings about estimates recording, it was part of that. I think it was in March sometimes when minister Chris and CIC rep gave estimates to committee.

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If that money was promised in the fiscal year 2013-2014, it has already been sucked up by CIC... Typically, the budget are distributed per year, so if Feds decide to feed 44 million to CIC in Feb 2014 (fiscal year), then that amount will be issued/used between March 2014 - Feb 2015... UNLESS there is more into it such as 44 million dollars will be given in stages etc... I am not entirely sure about this budget and allocation... but that is how budget in general work...

free

Star Member
Sep 30, 2008
it seems there is not huge change,there were 300,000 application in backlog ,adding new application in each month then this backlog is increasing.processing time did not extremely change from what it was before if we exclude very long delays for 20% of applications.I do not think that with this trend CIC can resolve the backlog.it is very useful that CIC gives accurate report of what did they do from the time they promised faster processing time.as long as I read in their website it was promised to be less than one year after the 40 million dollars funding which was not satisfied

handsomeishere

Feb 10, 2011
Hi , do you guys think that process would get a bit faster since they have increased the Citizenship fee from $100 to $300 , so would they employ some more staff to increase man power , cheers
free said:
it seems there is not huge change,there were 300,000 application in backlog ,adding new application in each month then this backlog is increasing.processing time did not extremely change from what it was before if we exclude very long delays for 20% of applications.I do not think that with this trend CIC can resolve the backlog.it is very useful that CIC gives accurate report of what did they do from the time they promised faster processing time.as long as I read in their website it was promised to be less than one year after the 40 million dollars funding which was not satisfied

m2013

Oct 18, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
handsomeishere said:
Hi , do you guys think that process would get a bit faster since they have increased the Citizenship fee from $100 to $300 , so would they employ some more staff to increase man power , cheers
if can speed up process, personal i dont care increased the fee even to $500

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
the $44 Million is Currently utalized as follows:

1) Doughnuts for the Staff - with the morning Coffee
2) Better Benefits for all Employees perhaps covering the union dues by taxpayers.
3) Inflation Adjustment raises for all Staff at 3% Anually atleast.
4) Reducing the un-official working hours (9am to 2pm) instead of (9am to 3pm) earlier.
5) Hiring a House Cleaning service to brush the dust off applicantions pending since 2009... (thats alot of dusting)
6) Processing the Grant applications for people applying in 2013-2014...Simply forgetting about the old applcations of 2009-2012.

People who applied rescently are getting their Oaths within a few months...
Basically LIFO (Last in First Out) whereas it should be FIFO (First in First Out)...
People who applied in 2009 - 2012 are still stuck in the RQ backlog.
"As Promised" by the CIC; they will clear the backlog by 80% in 2015-2016...unless the staff requires more Doughnuts and Raises in 2015-2016.

Dont want to be demeaning...Just Frustrated!
Please feel free to comment... :)

handsomeishere

Feb 10, 2011
hahahha, I like it , hope the process speeds up for every one , old and new both applicants , :),
daktrader said:

2) Better Benefits for all Employees perhaps covering the union dues by taxpayers.
4) Reducing the un-official working hours (9am to 2pm) instead of (9am to 3pm) earlier.
5) Hiring a House Cleaning service to brush the dust off applicantions pending since 2009... (thats alot of dusting)
6) Processing the Grant applications for people applying in 2013-2014...Simply forgetting about the old applcations of 2009-2012.

Basically LIFO (Last in First Out) whereas it should be FIFO (First in First Out)...
"As Promised" by the CIC; they will clear the backlog by 80% in 2015-2016...unless the staff requires more Doughnuts and Raises in 2015-2016.

mtl2014

Star Member
Mar 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
daktrader said:

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

m2013

Oct 18, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
one size fits all the backlog before 2013,"As Promised" by the CIC; it will clear the backlog by 90% in 2015-2016 and how to use 44 million? all staff can enjoy coffee luwak anytime