+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is the 35 months time span true or myth??!!

Purplesaint

Jan 5, 2014
Hi,

The cic call center agents always advise that for applications that entered in RQ "black" tunnel, the citizenship office will reply within max of 35 months from the date the citizenship application was received. Means that if the application was received in Aug 2011 and then entered in RQ tunnel, the citizenship office is "obliged" to reply by July 2014.

Is this true or not actually applied in the reality?

Thanks

Purple

docrui

Apr 2, 2013
its a myth going on 41mths already one year since RQ and they haven't said a peep yet ........

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
flybest1 said:
they said they did not updated them because it's the same...35 months, we shall see...
Right, it's the same since Sept 2012.

CIC talks to their clients like they're dumb 5 year olds and presents info and justifications in a manner of a North Korea's press office.

"— Our old people live in shacks and dugouts because they're traditional and they like to do so".

LOL.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
EasyRider said:
Right, it's the same since Sept 2012.

CIC talks to their clients like they're dumb 5 year olds and presents info in a manner of a North Korea's press office.

"— Our old people live in shacks and dugouts because they're traditional and they like to do so".

LOL.
That's funny. :)

Of course, the PMO's office isn't much better. "I am proroguing Parliament so the country can focus on the Olympics." Sure you are!

Purplesaint

Jan 5, 2014
The worst misfortune is the one that makes you laugh..

My wife's file is supposedly in Mississauga. Can she do something to move it from the bureaucratic drawers ???

docrui

Apr 2, 2013
Hey guys 43 months and they still haven't sent me my oath date . sorry Links18 never did anwer your question way back then I'm in Winnipeg .

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
docrui said:
Hey guys 43 months and they still haven't sent me my oath date . sorry Links18 never did anwer your question way back then I'm in Winnipeg .
Well, that makes sense.....

shmeeta

Feb 3, 2014
I had RQ and just got my citizenship couple of weeks ago. The whole thing took about 30 months for me.. Maybe it depends how strong your RQ evidence is

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shmeeta said:
I had RQ and just got my citizenship couple of weeks ago. The whole thing took about 30 months for me.. Maybe it depends how strong your RQ evidence is
from test to get a letter for oath, how long was your wait?

allyp

Mar 15, 2013
shmeeta said:
Hi

I have crossed 40 months still no reply. And no it does not depend on how strong your RQ evidence is because they have not reviewed the file yet. My backrgound checks have expired and they need to redo it and then the RQ will be reviewed. I know that the background checks are expired from the ATIP report. Did your background checks ever expire? You will know this if you had asked for a ATIP report when you were waiting. Maybe you finished in 30 months because the background checks did not expire or got redone faster in your case. And I assume your RQ was at St clair.