+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is that possible to change the office for the interview?

ad2310

Jul 2, 2009
Hi everyone,

I am in a unique situation and would like to get your opinions, possibly from the past experiences. I am currently in US and I am supposed to submit my package to Moscow office in russia. The reason for this is that I didn't have a 1 year legal stay after I entered US. Currently, if I leave US, I won't be able to return and I'd prefer not to do it before I know I am accepted to Canada.

My dilemma is if I apply to Moscow and called for interview, do you think it would be possible to ask them to transfer the interview to US? or have you heard of anything like this done before?

Thanks,
Andy

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ad2310 said:
Hi everyone,

I am in a unique situation and would like to get your opinions, possibly from the past experiences. I am currently in US and I am supposed to submit my package to Moscow office in russia. The reason for this is that I didn't have a 1 year legal stay after I entered US. Currently, if I leave US, I won't be able to return and I'd prefer not to do it before I know I am accepted to Canada.

My dilemma is if I apply to Moscow and called for interview, do you think it would be possible to ask them to transfer the interview to US? or have you heard of anything like this done before?

Thanks,
Andy
Nope, they won't transfer the interview to the US.

PMM

ad2310

Jul 2, 2009
PMM, thanks for your response. What makes you think they won't move to US? Do you know any specific cases?

claxtonCT

Star Member
Oct 11, 2008
PMM, come on!

We know you are a top contributor in this forum, no doubt about that, but helping the man (who is already nervous about his situation) by merely saying NO THEY WONT it's almost rude to him in his situation. I know you help because you want and you don't get paid for it (and in no way you have the obligation to do anything here) but elaborating a little more your response will also save time, because the first question after am empty NO is WHY.

Cheers!

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
ad2310:

You can try to have your case transferred to the U.S. (it is again at the discretion of the visa office in Moscow). The reason I am saying "try" is because it is ONLY under exceptional circumstances they do the same (your case should be convincing enough for them to transfer it). If at all it gets transferred to Buffalo, USA, it will set your application back by at least 4-6 months. Regarding the interview being conducted in the U.S., that cannot happen. The interview can only happen in the country whose visa office you applied to.

Mark

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

claxtonCT said:
PMM, come on!

We know you are a top contributor in this forum, no doubt about that, but helping the man (who is already nervous about his situation) by merely saying NO THEY WONT it's almost rude to him in his situation. I know you help because you want and you don't get paid for it (and in no way you have the obligation to do anything here) but elaborating a little more your response will also save time, because the first question after am empty NO is WHY.

Cheers!
What do you want me to do, sugar coat the answer? You apply to an office, and that is where the interview is held, that is where the COPR is issued. If you would look over past post at the number of applicants stating I applied to " x office" will "y office" issue my visa or do the interview. CIC/CHC will only transfer applications where it will "enhance the integrity of the program" and then the applicant has to request and most are refused.

The truth may hurt, but it is pointless telling someone "it will be alright in the end" because it won't. CIC/CHC is not your mother, they process hundreds of thousand of applications a year, and they don't care about individuals. You follow their rules and if they started making exceptions take a guess how long applications would take to process?

PMM

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hard word but hey they are real.

friend you are in a tough position. only a divine solution can resolve it.

ad2310

Jul 2, 2009
Thanks all for your responses. I definetely don't want the answer to be sugar-coated, as that may even complite it further. I guess I'll play as it goes. Thanks again for your posts!

ja77

Mar 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
ad2310 said:
Thanks all for your responses. I definetely don't want the answer to be sugar-coated, as that may even complite it further. I guess I'll play as it goes. Thanks again for your posts!
dont worry and go ahead with applying. the chances of interview these days are minimal because most of the candidates are going through successfully without any interviews. but then, you never know unless you apply. good luck.

Neyo

Star Member
May 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2006
AOR Received.
10-02-2007
Med's Request
03-03-2012
Med's Done....
15-03-2012
LANDED..........
25-12-20012
PM, but what if you live in a country that you will need visa to enter the place your file is being treated. E.g, you live in Sweden and you are called for interview in UK. Can you do the interview in Nethrelands for instance where you might not need visa for, according to Schengen agreement