+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is that a good reason?

Rausawa

Sep 12, 2020
If any of the people listed above did not participate explain why.

imm5532

I clicked no with everything, here’s my reason:

We both don't have any children. While we are open about our relationship, Applicants family was not able to attend due to the current pandemic going on, given that the family members live back in Xxx. We do plan on hosting a belated wedding party back in Xxx as soon as we get the chance to. They are all very supporting of our relationship.

While sponsors family would have had the chance to come they are really homophobic and do not support our "lifestyle". We would have loved if they would have came. But they don't want us in their life.

Is that good enough?

tizahu

Star Member
May 29, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Also as far as homophobic family, that is understood and accepted as well. You may want some notarized letters of support from the accepting side of the family.

Rausawa

Sep 12, 2020
Also as far as homophobic family, that is understood and accepted as well. You may want some notarized letters of support from the accepting side of the family.
Notarized letters? I thought you don’t need to get them notarized? We do have letters tho

tizahu

Star Member
May 29, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Notarized letters? I thought you don’t need to get them notarized? We do have letters tho
There is no requirement that they be notarized, but if it isn’t too much of a hassle then it can’t hurt. Do you have photos of you, your partner, and that family together? That would be good to add.

I wouldn’t worry too much though. I had a fairly similar situation to yours and it has not caused any issues with our case.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
If letters are in English or French, no need to get them notarised or witnessed, just have the people sign and with contact details (for credibility).

Agree with above - pandemic is a good reason to not host larger event esp in different country. Letters from others in family that they know of relationship will help this part. I wouldn't put too much weight on the plans to have a wedding in future - you can mention, but just note that due to pandemic, you cannot plan specifics yet.

Likewise, if one part of family does not approve of relationship, just write that.

In neither case do you need to write a novel. Be brief but as factual as possible, esp where you can back up facts with the letters or other.

Rausawa

Sep 12, 2020
There is no requirement that they be notarized, but if it isn’t too much of a hassle then it can’t hurt. Do you have photos of you, your partner, and that family together? That would be good to add.

I wouldn’t worry too much though. I had a fairly similar situation to yours and it has not caused any issues with our case.
Please take a look at the other threads I’ve posted. My family never saw my spouse in person but we regularly video chat