+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is such work experience considered for the CEC?

AlexeyKracker

Nov 23, 2020
Hello, please tell me.

I officially worked for a Canadian company for a total of 3 years, however I toured with shows around the world. It is in Canada that I have about 5 months.

How will my work experience for immigration be counted?

Thank you!

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hello, please tell me.

I officially worked for a Canadian company for a total of 3 years, however I toured with shows around the world. It is in Canada that I have about 5 months.

How will my work experience for immigration be counted?

Thank you!
You might only be able to count you actual experience in Canada. Being away for 2½ years out of 3, more than 80% of your expérience.

Even if you were paid in Canada and your employer was Canadian you were not physically in the country which could not be considered as Canadian experienced.

How would you justify not bein in the country while claiming Canadian experience? I don't see a way in which you could justify this. You could work for a Canadian employer elsewhere and that doesn't qualify as Canadian experience.

AlexeyKracker

Nov 23, 2020
You might only be able to count you actual experience in Canada. Being away for 2½ years out of 3, more than 80% of your expérience.

Even if you were paid in Canada and your employer was Canadian you were not physically in the country which could not be considered as Canadian experienced.

How would you justify not bein in the country while claiming Canadian experience? I don't see a way in which you could justify this. You could work for a Canadian employer elsewhere and that doesn't qualify as Canadian experience.
My job is to travel to different countries to perform. That is, I am not a freelancer who works from another country for a Canadian.

The essence of the work is to travel to other countries.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My job is to travel to different countries to perform. That is, I am not a freelancer who works from another country for a Canadian.

The essence of the work is to travel to other countries.
So what Canadian work permit are you on to count “Canadian experience“ in Canada.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Category W-1, case type - 52.
So LMIA exempt closed work permit. What is your current CRS score? For CEC path you need one year of Canadian work experience IN Canada to be eligible. To get an extra 50 points for job offer, you need the LMIA, and a full time job offer in Canada (not outside Canada) for one year past PR.

AlexeyKracker

Nov 23, 2020
So LMIA exempt closed work permit. What is your current CRS score? For CEC path you need one year of Canadian work experience IN Canada to be eligible. To get an extra 50 points for job offer, you need the LMIA, and a full time job offer in Canada (not outside Canada) for one year past PR.
I can’t calculate the points now, because I don’t understand whether I can take the above experience into account as a Canadian one or not.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I can’t calculate the points now, because I don’t understand whether I can take the above experience into account as a Canadian one or not.
You have 5 months of experience in Canada. You need a year to be eligible for CEC path. You can apply for FSW. What is your NOC?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You have 5 months of Canadian work experience only. The rest is foreign work experience. You can only count the time you physically worked in Canada as Canadian work experience.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My NOC 5251
Okay so estimate your CRS score. You need to take language tests and get education assessed. You don’t have a year of Canadian, full-time employment. When you have 12 months full-time or 2 years part-time, you are eligible for CEC path. Right now, you may be eligible for FSW that has higher scores.