+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is student visa possible for particular case[1 year engineering gap]?

Feb 2, 2019
pune
Category........
PNP
Hi All,

I am from India and have completed B.E (Computer engineering) in the year 2013. I have one year backlog during engineering and my number of backlogs are 21 for all 4 years. After completing engineering I have started working as software engineer in India and now I have 5+ years of experience. I have IELTS Academic band score L 6.5 R 6 W 5.5 S 6.

I am planning to come to Canada for any diploma course. Please let me know is there any chance of getting student visa with above consideration? if yes, would you guys please suggest me list of colleges?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi All,

I am from India and have completed B.E (Computer engineering) in the year 2013. I have one year backlog during engineering and my number of backlogs are 21 for all 4 years. After completing engineering I have started working as software engineer in India and now I have 5+ years of experience. I have IELTS Academic band score L 6.5 R 6 W 5.5 S 6.

I am planning to come to Canada for any diploma course. Please let me know is there any chance of getting student visa with above consideration? if yes, would you guys please suggest me list of colleges?
1. Probably not in a University, with a W 5.5. IRCC why you would want a diploma course after already having a BE.

Reactions: testing1112233
Oct 16, 2018
Hi All,

You have to retake IELTS with 6 atlest in each module and 6.5 above overall because with 5.5 there is a high chance of getting rejected. Try going for graduate certificate and if you are taking up a diploma course you have to give a strong explanation to IRCC why you are choosing that particular program.

Feb 2, 2019
pune
Category........
PNP
Hi

1. Probably not in a University, with a W 5.5. IRCC why you would want a diploma course after already having a BE.
Are you suggesting me to go for master? my main point of worries is engineering one year gap and 21 backlogs. please suggest.

Oct 16, 2018
Are you suggesting me to go for master? my main point of worries is engineering one year gap and 21 backlogs. please suggest.
You cant go for masters as the requirement would be 75% and no more than 3 or 4 backlogs something like that.There are graduate certificates which can be either a 1 year course or some are 2 year courses.There might be very few colleges who can take you in with that many backlogs and its all 50-50 when it comes to visa approval. One year gap is not a very big problem when there is a problem of having 21 backlogs. its all pure luck for visa approval

ashnamehta_023

Star Member
Feb 8, 2019
go for PG diploma.
do re take your IELTS as well. then start applying for colleges for something in line of your work so you can explain why you chose that particular course for skill and opportunity growth. once you have an acceptance from college then write a SOLID SOP to convince the visa officer regarding your case.

Feb 2, 2019
pune
Category........
PNP
go for PG diploma.
do re take your IELTS as well. then start applying for colleges for something in line of your work so you can explain why you chose that particular course for skill and opportunity growth. once you have an acceptance from college then write a SOLID SOP to convince the visa officer regarding your case.
is it possible 21 backlogs do I get admission in any of the colleges?

Oct 16, 2018
You cant go for masters as the requirement would be 75% and no more than 3 or 4 backlogs something like that.There are graduate certificates which can be either a 1 year course or some are 2 year courses.There might be very few colleges who can take you in with that many backlogs and its all 50-50 when it comes to visa approval.
is it possible 21 backlogs do I get admission in any of the colleges?
Yes you can

Ascadius

Jun 19, 2019
Yes you can get admission in college with lots of backlogs but you have to give IELTS exam and scored good . You will definitely be issued a visa.
I had 17 backlogs and 7 in IELTS got accepted in college and got visa within 10 days