+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is Start Up Visa program "legitimate" to guarantee a PR in Canada?

phuongdong

Jun 27, 2020
Canada
Category........
STUDY
Hi all, I know that some of you might disagree with the title above. I am new to business immigration for Canada. I have checked several options of PR immigration path to Canada: Provincial nomination, business investor, etc. One of my immigration consultants advises me to do the "Start-up" Visa path with a guarantee of PR in Canada for the upcoming year. I researched the program and understood that the CIC may reject the application if the business in start-up is not an inspiring concept, and also start-up owner has to make some progress with the business. I am sort of conservative, but I would like to know the pros and cons of Start-Up Visa and whether it is true that SUV is a guarantee for PR in Canada according to some immigration consultant. I appreciate your sharing of thoughts and any progress of SUV.

canadawill

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
Hi all, I know that some of you might disagree with the title above. I am new to business immigration for Canada. I have checked several options of PR immigration path to Canada: Provincial nomination, business investor, etc. One of my immigration consultants advises me to do the "Start-up" Visa path with a guarantee of PR in Canada for the upcoming year. I researched the program and understood that the CIC may reject the application if the business in start-up is not an inspiring concept, and also start-up owner has to make some progress with the business. I am sort of conservative, but I would like to know the pros and cons of Start-Up Visa and whether it is true that SUV is a guarantee for PR in Canada according to some immigration consultant. I appreciate your sharing of thoughts and any progress of SUV.
Obviously it isn’t a guarantee. Otherwise Canada would be full of crappy businesses.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Definitely not a guarantee. There are applications which are refused. You should stay away from any immigration consultant who says it's a guarantee.

Reactions: phuongdong

phuongdong

Jun 27, 2020
Canada
Category........
STUDY
Definitely not a guarantee. There are applications which are refused. You should stay away from any immigration consultant who says it's a guarantee.
Yeah, thank you so much! I was skeptical of "Start Up Visa" pathway. I know there are applications which are refused. They claim the success rate for SUV path to PR is 75% (I did google search this number). However, I find out on some posts and cases on the forum the processing time is doubled which is not promised by immigration consultant.

phuongdong

Jun 27, 2020
Canada
Category........
STUDY
Obviously it isn’t a guarantee. Otherwise Canada would be full of crappy businesses.
Thank you! I was thinking of that too. I get the feeling that after those businesses in SUV program get PR, then they will transfer the business or shut down. So businesses will still involve, but some close after PR is done. The average time that business in SUV lasts I check on Internet is 5-7 years which matches what I think the main point is to get PR.

Reactions: Mandarin0212