+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is SSN required for getting FBI police clearance certificate from USA?

sunny_guyed

Jul 5, 2016
You do not need unless if you have a SSN then you can include in your application when you submit your fingerprints. Goodluck

Amar55

Jun 25, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
Doc's Request.
22-09-2017
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
IELTS Request
12-05-2017
File Transfer...
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
22-09-2017
Passport Req..
15-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2018
Hi,

I am not living in the US. I applied for PCC from Canada. Let me know if you still need any help. Happy to assist.
i have sent my fingerprints to fbi usa.lets see how much time it take to give me a pcc. i still have 69 days left.

ashv

Star Member
Apr 17, 2016
You do not need unless if you have a SSN then you can include in your application when you submit your fingerprints. Goodluck
I have SSN but i submitted my application without entering SSN details as it was optional. Is it fine or any issue?

usercanada07

Aug 9, 2018
I have SSN but i submitted my application without entering SSN details as it was optional. Is it fine or any issue?
Hi Sunny_guyed,
I submitted my SSN with fingerprint card, but FBI did not include my SSN in PCC. Did you get questioned by CIC about SSN? Was your application approved? How long did it take for you?

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
Hi Sunny_guyed,
I submitted my SSN with fingerprint card, but FBI did not include my SSN in PCC. Did you get questioned by CIC about SSN? Was your application approved? How long did it take for you?
When you fill the eDO SSN is optional and even mentioning SSN on the FBI PCC is optional. I did select it and my FBI PCC has SSN mentioned.

Not everyone who has stayed in US for over 6 months has a SSN. Therefore its not going to be an issue if your SSN is mentioned or not.

iqra2291

Star Member
Sep 30, 2020
Hello,
I am currently in USA and on 23rd Jan I recieved a mail from IRCC that they want updated USA PCC , although I submitted PCA for USA on Aug 2022. I am currently on F1 visa and dont have SSN. So, I have requested for Identity summary request form from FBI but it is taking too long to hear back from them. Can anyone please suggest what I should do in this situation. Is there any other way, I have to submit PCC by 23 Feb.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hello,
I am currently in USA and on 23rd Jan I recieved a mail from IRCC that they want updated USA PCC , although I submitted PCA for USA on Aug 2022. I am currently on F1 visa and dont have SSN. So, I have requested for Identity summary request form from FBI but it is taking too long to hear back from them. Can anyone please suggest what I should do in this situation. Is there any other way, I have to submit PCC by 23 Feb.
Yes you have to submit the docs in the dealine given. In your case upload as many proofs as you have like receipts, application for PCC and likewise. Its very normal for IRCC to ask for a new PCC while processing your application.

iqra2291

Star Member
Sep 30, 2020
Yes you have to submit the docs in the dealine given. In your case upload as many proofs as you have like receipts, application for PCC and likewise. Its very normal for IRCC to ask for a new PCC while processing your application.

Hello,
Yes, I know. But I guess I might get it by 25th Feb. So will it be fine. Submitting a one or two days late.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hello,
Yes, I know. But I guess I might get it by 25th Feb. So will it be fine. Submitting a one or two days late.
You can do it using the webform, in the meantime upload the proofs of applying for it. Lets see how IRCC responds to that.